Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 2

Options
  • 19-02-2000 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Completed level 7 - Outlands - can't move on to Level 8. When I go to exit at the end of Outer Limits and press the button, the game shuts down with an error message, i.e. Error: Decompression Overread etc. etc. Can anybody help????????????

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Are you playing on a compressed drive (like DriveSpace etc)

Run scandisk and check your Hd for errors.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spence

What's a compressed drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

U can use drivespace to compress u're hard drive to get more space, but this will also result in u're comp running slower,so it aint good for games, i don't really know too much about this, so i'll let someone else tell u what to do smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 19-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Oh dear. He plays single player Quake 2 and he doesn't know what a compressed drive is. Next, he'll be telling us he doesn't know what defrag does smile.gif. Naw, just kidding. You're in the vast majority of people out there except for us sad losers with no lives (I'm just kidding, stop taking me literally smile.gif). Ah well, at least it'll be easier to get a job if I'm computer literate after I fail my L.C. sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Computer literate?
    You dont know any language besides basic html steve smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Basic html ? smile.gif

as in the the not complicated part of it that doesnt require adding java applets that he proggrammes himself smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Is it plugged in?

Play GLminesweeper! Lunacy Abounds!

Ah, you know what I mean by computer literte. Just because I can't establish a connection with my ISP by humming with it over a phone-line like you sunglasses.gif

OK, celebration time!!!!!!
    This is my 300th post in just over 2 months since I registered. Yay sunglasses.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

/me pops open the champagne!

Well done Steven! smile.gif
    You are now officially up there with the 133+ ranks of ppl like Hobbes and WWman wink.gif

Well, ok, maybe that will take a bit of work, but congratulations anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Spence, the error is probably for a damaged .PAK file (They're compressed). Save you SAVE games folder, uninstall, delete the whole Q2 folder, reinstall and copy your SAVE games back.

I thought being computer literate meant you could read the logo's on the PC case?...Oh well, one more goal in life... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 20-02-2000).]

Wot u talkin bout Asuka? Surely I've beaten them out in frequency sunglasses.gif

Frequency if not in quality smile.gif

Heh im not even on 200 yet smile.gif

Quality, not frequency...

Oh yeah... disregard this post smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

e.g. you posted 4 times in this thread, not once really contributing to the topic tongue.gif

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Steven posted 4 times

I only posted twice.

Since neither of us contributed to the topic, i guess that means that Stevens frequency is twice mine, or that my quality is twice Stevens.

Oh, and disregard this post as well smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Quality is inversely proportional to quantity tongue.gif

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Advertisement