Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some leet walkman earphones people?

• 06-01-2004 4:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

As above, I could do with a pair of light, economical (power wise) earphones for use in anything from a fm stereo to a minidisc/mp3player. Something black and conservative, no big ear muffs, but I don't want them falling out of my ears. <€150

Thank you kindly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Earphones? sennheiser MX400s are the best value for money imo.. (i've 3 pairs).. the MX500s are the exact same but include a volume control on the cable.. both should be easily available for less than 30 euro... however looking at the ridiculous budget you posted you could try something like the brand-new audio-technica titanium earphones..
    http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=622&osCsid=99ac7e922a6a5593795f2b5594e8c8e0
    or a decent pair of ear-canal phones like the Shure E2C or Etymotic ER-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I second that, if for some odd reason I couldn't use my headphones (perish the thought) and had to use inears I'd buy from the Sennheiser MX series preferably MX 400's as mentioned. The only draw back is they are not as comfortable as the equivalent Sony pair and they are not quite as flash, but then that shouldn't be an issue after all sound quality is the issue here isn't it? Not looking cool (You'd never guess I was the proud owner of a pair of HD25's would you?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Yes just what I was looking for, the titanium ones look like the fall out of the ear type I don't want, the EC2s are more up my street although they look a little big, I think I'll get me a pair of those, I was looking around and came across a pair for 99 dolla. Is this a reasonable price? I don't really like the ER-6s that much and the MX400s look like they might fall out of the ear too? I'll use them on a mountain bike lioke and don't use headphones at home. -edit- what come as standard with the ihp120?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The absolute best set of portable earphones you can get are the Stax Sr001's, not easy to find though. The etymotics are very good (I use the Er4ps since the Stax' broke), the sound is very good and the noise reduction is excellent when travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Regarding Sennheiser MX400's, the right earphone is always popping out of my ear, the left is fine though.

I found these Sony earphones much better wrt staying in place:

f_sony_mdred238sp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

MX500 all the way, i use them all the time with my ipod and a minidisc, just the best sound quality wise without spending big bucks.

Advertisement