Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XDA II anywhere yet?

• 06-01-2004 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone found any stores with the XDA II yet? I'm currently using a Motorola MPX200 Smartphone and I am really looking forward to getting the XDA II. Just can't find it and don't want to buy from PPCW.NET (too damn expensive)

Thanks
    Howard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Using one right now. Try the o2 store in Castlecourt, Belfast.

Its a sweet piece of kit, there's nothing quite like watching Family Guy while waiting for a bus, Translink have never arrived to fast.

1 suggestion though, ditch WinCE and get Symbian 7 for it, it's much better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

How much is it? It sounds pretty sweet... Must look it up a lil later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Thanks guys,

I'm looking for this device in or around Dublin.... even if I went up to Belfast, I would not be able to pick it up as my contract is for Southern Ireland.

I'm so peed off that this device is so available in the UK and Belfast yet the O2 stores here in Dublin can't tell me anything consistent about the device.

Cheers

Hey Civilian_Target

I'm not sure about your post, but Symbian 7 for the XDA II.... I don't think so.

The XDA II moderators forum doesn't even contain information about that possibility yet. I doubt very much that it's even possible to port Symbian 7 to the device.

The drivers design would be such a mess in Symbian. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

your best bet is to ask O2 IRL directly for an ETA - it was due out before christmas but didn't make it...

you can get a SIM free version of the XDA II from the likes of expansys.com - but then you wouldn't get the subsidy
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=106055

there are a few version around - as there is no exclusivity on the device like there was with the original - i went for the i-mate version without the operator customisations

BrianG

Thanks Brian,

But you got yours from ppcw.net and as much as I like Arne the price is far too expensive.

Best I've gotten on the net so far is 775 euros shipped and sim free.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I dunno, its not mine, one of the guys in my house owns it, and he works for o2. And he's got symbian for it, but hasn't installed it yet because you can't return it if it has symbian on it, and he wants to make sure he wants it first,

Originally posted by hshortt

Best I've gotten on the net so far is 775 euros shipped and sim free.

if you can hang on until O2 IRL release it here you'll get a better subsidised price - it is a bit crazy at the mo SIM free as the demand is pretty high so stock is gone as soon as it arrives for a lot of online retailers...

BrianG

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    I dunno, its not mine, one of the guys in my house owns it, and he works for o2. And he's got symbian for it..

if so... that would be a pretty incredible feet and an amazingly well kept secret... can you ask him about some background info and post back (with some links)...

Thanks,
    BrianG

• Advertisement

Yeah, I figured that I'd ask my company to source one for me. They are looking into it at the moment.

You are right about the Sim free prices, but I would probably spend that much on a PDA anyway, so I think it's about normal.

My Motorola is so far my only PDA, and I've had a lot of them. The Moto is good but I want more.

Cheers

Advertisement