Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircell - vodafone

Options
  • 06-01-2004 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine had an eircell phone contract a few years ago and then recently went into a vodaphone store and got a first time connection deal. Does anyone know if this is a once off or does vodafone not count eircell connections on their first time connection deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Eircell == Vodafone. If he was an Eircell postpay customer, he automatically became a Vodafone postpay customer. That means he:
    a. Got another first time connection and put it on the same bill (just like having two phone lines)
    b. Was a ready to go customer who migrated to postpay, thereby getting a first time connection
    c. Got an upgrade
    d. Is feeding you bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

He was eircell postpay then O2 then he went back to vodaphone and got a first time connection. Maybe it's crap but he usually doesn't bull**** people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

I don't think they are too strict if you leave a first time connection and then go to another network and then want to come back - especially if you went for a year or so, they will just want you back.

I have had two 'fist time connections' with O2, each side of a contact with Vodafone (although I hadn't kept the same number both times, maybe this was a factor?). What they don't want is an existing customer availing of a first time connection offer, which are more subsidised than an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by djk1000
    He was eircell postpay then O2 then he went back to vodaphone and got a first time connection. Maybe it's crap but he usually doesn't bull**** people.
    That's ok yeah. If he migrated from O2 to Vodafone, they give you a first time connection, new phone and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

u can get as many "1st time" connections as u like, just means more nills. iv had 3 conract with Eircell/Vodafone over the years , as well as 2 with meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

I am from the future :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

And now you're banned for two weeks for trolling and intentionally raising a ancient thread. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement