Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat

Options
  • 22-02-2000 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I was playing Tribes and Quake wink.gif on the BarrysWorld Servers tonight, or I should say I was trying to play Tribes and Quake.

I had a steady 760 - 996 ping.

In short, what the **** is up with ESAT ?
    This is just not on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I had to play a goddamn UT match V dzr on a bw server wit a ping of 500 or so!
    The ping to irish servers was equally as erratic with spikes to 500 from an average of 250.
    Im used to 180.
    Hmmmph.*******************
    Copyright Notice

This article is Copyright © bubbles 2000. Additionally, the contents including links and on-line images, are protected by the Copyright Laws of bubbles. All rights are reserved.

When you read this post you agree that:
    a) You may read bubbles posts for information only.
    b) You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about bubbles posts. However, you may not make any charge for such use and any commercial exploitation is expressly prohibited.
    c) You must include the copyright notice in any copy that you make.
    d) You may not modify the information found in bubbles post without the express permission of bubbles.

Disclaimer:
    Bubbles makes no representations about the content and suitability of this information for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
    Bubbles disclaims all warranties with regard to this information, including all implied warranties or merchantability and fitness. In no event shall bubbles be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, rising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information contained in bubbles posts.

Advertisment
    Please visit the save the bubbles foundation @ http://www.triberspace.com All donations go to a worthy cause.
    Make a donation today and receive a free pencil

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 22-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I was on ign with snl and I never went over 250.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

well i was on bps with abc my lmnop never icq'd below the kkk

or am i just a nutter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I was downloading stuff on the same connection and was getting great speeds.

Just get totally CRAP pings to BW all the time. Extreamly annoying.

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 22-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

huh!
    well i got dissed twice in a ukccl match last night and then made the mistake of reconnecting using indigo. average of about 500 to ut.ign..bah
    was so ****ed of even the missus suggested isdn until i told her how expensive it is smile.gif
    hmmm, maybe i can work on that smile.gif

Your Imps Demand cable....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

www.lagless.com for those of us who are still modem pe0ns you have to tweak your system to get the most out of it.

Game wise east are ****e unitl 11 pm odd, then they are fine. I have found Indiblow ****e for some time.

TBH dont use the 1891 numbers, after 6pm its all the one at any rate, dial up on the old plain phone numbers and I betcha that with tweaks and you will be laughin'

Vaggabond

Eat Electric Death www.electricdeath.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Which irish isp's support STAC compression and which ones don't does anyone know??, and why not use 1891 no's for playin games ??

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 23-02-2000).]

Advertisement