Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircell - vodafone 2

Options
  • 06-01-2004 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

nothing to do with the original "eircell - vodafone" post , it just reminded me...

got girlfriend a 3200, on vodafone

first few days it said vodafone on the logo, then it had no logo for a day, then the old eircell logo popped up for a few days, last night there was no logo again??

its not a problem, i am just curious if anyone's phone is doing the same, or anyone know a reason behind it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

She may have an old SIM?

Afaik, some phones have the list of operators and the logo to display for each of them, and some SIMs also have the text to be displayed, stored on the SIM itself. It may just be causing some confusion to her phone.

You can get SIM upgraded at Vodafone stores (for free maybe, I'm not sure). I got mine upgraded for free when I migrated to postpay, and the displayed logo changed from 'EIRCELL' (yes, in capitals, it was that old), to 'IRL Vodafone' as it says now. Upgraded SIMs hold more Numbers and SMSs, and depending on how old her SIM is, it may not be compatible with GPRS services (MMS, etc).

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah the sim upgrade is free. Had it done when I was getting a 6310i ages ago. Only takes about ten mins for the new sim to register.

Advertisement