Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bastard bitch scummers

Options
  • 06-01-2004 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Some little scummer smashed the small side window of my car. He took everything of value. Which totalled:

€1.15 in change
    Two CDRs with about 50MP3's between them
    The front panel of the car radio

I don't get it. What was the point ? The thing that really annoys me is that if I saw him doing it, and put a few arrows through him, *I'd* be the one that would have been in trouble!

So, the hunt for a new window starts. Not ever having done this, who sells windows for VW Golfs (preferably in the south west of Dublin) ?

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Where did it happen?
    He probably nicked the front of the radio just because there was no bags or valuables in the car, and he just wanted to piss you off. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Guessing you've not got fully comp insurance. A lot of FC policies cover glass breakage without affecting your no claims bonus (NCB). Some 3rd party policies also give you option of window cover.

Anyhow as I had a windscreen smashed by some scrote in November, I had to get the same job done. Due to clerical error, my windscreen cover wasn't listed on insurance company's computer. So I got the job done privately and billed them later. I used Westside Windscreens. They call to your house/workplace; wherever the car is. They also cost 180 as opposed to 440 in Auto glass used by the insurance company :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

I don't get it. What was the point ? The thing that really annoys me is that if I saw him doing it

SNAP !

( well almost )

I was creeping :o ( er, I mean I was driving my car which was creeping ) along Westmorland street a couple of days before Christmas. Had the Aerial up ( radio on ! ) . Some youth ( intent on proving Darwin correct ) walks out from the pavement, grabs the aerial ( back of car ) and bends it horizontal to the ground. Its a 'leccy aerial so of course it was **cked.

One of the few times I have been glad that I cant legally carry a gun in this country - Could <scrub> would have killed him.

As you say :

What is the point ?

An T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

why did you leave the radio front on while parked? Your only asking for trouble when you leave flashy attractive looking things on full display

Advertisement