Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Snooker problems

• 06-01-2004 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

I bought WCS, installed it and found it doesn't work. I'm running xp pro and have all the min. requirements. I did a typical install but now when i try to load it a black screen just flashes and goes again. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

ok, now i'm pi$$€d off. i tried installing theme park world and at 95% the installation crashes every time. does anyone know of an xp patch for it? aswell as that I am having the same problem with NHL 2002 as i was having with WCS. justs flashes black when i try to load it. whats going on!? i have direct x 8.1 and i don't think thats the problem. help, before i go insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭mobby

What type of Video card have you got? and make sure you have the most up to date
    drivers for same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i dunno, the games might have been written before xp came out, if u right click on the executable file that the game shortcut point to and go properties theres an option in there somewhere for compatabilty mode, try changin it to win2k or 9x, might help ?

well i'm just gonna check for nVidia driver updates now. the compatability option didn't work, just made my desktop go way off to one side, which is strange...
    The problem may have something to do with these errors i keep getting. eg. when i start the computer i get an error bout something like ''c:/windows/sysyem32/system is not a valid application. its something like that. i'll check the next time i start up.
    i also get a lot of runtime errors while on the net and when shutting down some error message always comes up but windows shuts down anyway.
    i tried installing caeser 3, which was lying around, and it works fine. all the games apart from theme park world are compatible with xp. maybe a driver update will solve the problem.

ok. i updated the driver and that hasn't worked. the error i get on start up is ''c:/windows/system/system32/cmd.exe is not a valid windows application. i checked out that file and its just a dos command prompt. should i delete it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'd suggest backing up everything you have and reinstalling windows.

ya, thing is I only did that a few months back. had problems with ME so upgraded to xp but then decided to install xp from scratch. these errors have been happening since but i thought the service pack wud fix it. it hasn't. i really don't want to start from nothing again.

Advertisement