Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my Broadband?

• 06-01-2004 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey everyone.
    I signed up for Eircom Broadband on the 6th of December and got the usual 10-12 working days thing and it still hasn't arrived. Anyone else have this sirt of experience and anyone else know how to deal with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tell them you're switching to utv or esat and see what they say. :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think its usually delayed in anycase and with xmas period and all i wouldnt be surprised. Give em a ring and make sure they havent forgotten u :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Tell them your switching to IOL, and then do it! Iol are cheaper, and have twice the allowance that Eircom have! Why did you choose eircom anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Before you bother, I applied for IOL on the 5th of December. I was told yesterday that it will be the 15th of January at the latest.

Maybe this is my first month free :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

rofl same problem wtf ? i ordered broadband 5weeks ago yesterday and i had to re-order it ? i am going mad waiting for it ? i see im not the only person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

I had to wait about a month to get eircom dsl. Xmas would definatly delay the process, longer if your going to a different isp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    Why did you choose eircom anyway?

i cant speak for the original poster, but I went with eircom because they have the best network, 1 bill and when something goes wrong, you wont have one of them blaiming the other (like I had when I was with utvIp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by ando
    and when something goes wrong, you wont have one of them blaiming the other

They'll just blame the regulator who in all honesty is like a servant to Eircom. They'll also blame the government for not investing in Eircoms network to help them to give us broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by yellum
    They'll just blame the regulator who in all honesty is like a servant to Eircom.
    That example of single billing is a prime example of the regulator rolling over and letting oreillycom away with stuff. It's an obvious disadvantage for oreillycoms competitors, and single billing was supposed to be introduced in June, (oreillycom even put your Line Rental up twice this year to "pay" for it), but it still isn't in place, and ComReg aren't doing anything about it.
    They'll also blame the government for not investing in Eircoms network to help them to give us broadband.
    I'll be complaining if the goverment does invest in oreillycoms network - the dept of social welfare already pays over €72 million a year for line rental for people entitled to "free phones", not to mention the millions the government spends on day to day telecommunications.

Any further investment must go to alternative, competing infrastructure and technologies.

Advertisement