Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Path to Windows Server 2003 - MCSA MCSE

• 06-01-2004 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I was wondering if anyone has attempted the Microsoft upgrade exams 70-292 and 70-296. I have recently got my MCSE but have heard that these exams are particularly difficult and are marked very hard.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Surely it's in Microsoft's interests to have people who are qualified to administer their products, especially new ones!!

Anyway, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

did the upgrade from NT4 to 2000 and it was a real B@st@rd so I can only Imagine that this one will be the same, as regards micro$oft they don't want everbody qualified because it devalues their Qualifications if any Joe soap can get one by doing a few braindumps, so they make them as difficult as possible, hence the trick and cryptic questions.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LebonIRL

I can see your point Uch but surely somebody who already has an MCSE is not just any old Joe Soap to Microsoft.

Anyway, did you pass it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Yeah got it but they dont tell you by how much, but it was a pig of an exam, 5 hours if I remember correctly.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Fair play to you for passing the accelerated exam! It was indeed a long hard slog.

I didn't pass it (the accelerated one) and probably won't bother doing anymore MS exams as I have found that once you get an MCSE and a couple of years expereince then employers tend not to mind if you don't have the latest and greatest one. Personally I don't see much of point upgrading from 2000 to 2003 MSCSE as they are both very similar platforms.

I could be wrong though....
    Might do the Red Hat Certified Administrator thing soon, that looks like a desirable one at the moment as there are not many linux qualitfications out there at the moment that I know of.

Any of the MS exams if you know reasonably well the material, get the transcenders and the braindumps and you will definetly pass in two attempts if not one go! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LebonIRL

Well thanks for that guys. Maybe it's not worth the hassle after all.

Charlie_Says, i was thinking of getting a Linux qualification myself as this is the area that i'm really interested in but would you not be better off doing one form the Linux Professional Institute as opposed to limiting yourself to the Red Hat flavour.

What do you think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement