Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will go down ........ to the first division that is !!!

• 06-01-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Who do you think will be in the first div next year ? Any established clubs looking at the drop or will the former first div teams descend back from where they came ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

[18] Leicester City
    [19] Leeds Utd.
    [20] Wolverhampton Wanderers

I'd give the bottom 2 no chance. Leicester? Maybe. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would like to see wolves stay up, if only for the chance to see Gazza having a last Hurrah in the premiership. Not likely to happen though in fairness.

Leeds are in alot of trouble and if they do not get some decent results then they are gonna be in the dogfight too.

Leicster will struggle to stay up but with it so tight at the bottom I suppose anything could happen. Maybe if big Les regains the form of a couple of seasons ago they might keep themselves above it.

Is far too early to tell though to be honest, there will be some clubs who will have a great run and others who will slump dreadfully. I would say that anybody in the bottom 6 or 7 could be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

18 Tottenham Hotspur
    19 Leeds United
    20 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves , have no chance -
    Leeds are in trouble , administration hanging over them as well
    Tottenham are struggling and with Keane and Postiga firing blanks and Kanoute heading off to play with Mali in the African Nations they ll struggle.

Norwich , West Brom & West Ham to be promoted to Premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Portsmouth
    Leicester
    Wolves

I dont think Leeds and Spurs will be that far down come March or April. It would be nice to see West Ham United come back up to the PL.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

leicester
    portsmouth
    wolves

leeds wont go down neither will spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Liverpool
    Liverpool
    Liverpool

If there is a God !

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

Originally posted by tinky
    Portsmouth
    Leicester
    Wolves
    What goes up, must come down (and in the same order).:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Pompey, Leicester and Wolves (unfortunately) I'd say. Although Leeds and Spurs also look dodgey. Should be cause for a few interesting games towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well I think blackburn might be in trouble this time round. Very little money to spend, and more than a few injuries!

In the middle of the pitch, they are looking very bare, with Barry Ferguson out for the year, just as he was coming good! (Bet Souness wishes he held on to Dunn now!)
    Their aging strikers (Cole and Yorke) have shown very little up front, and Grabbi is gone back to Italy, probably for free. and the young lad Gallagher has picked up a knock too!
    No sign of Amouruso coming back to bolster the defense.

Outlook for 2004 is gloomy!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Xterminator
    Well I think blackburn might be in trouble this time round. Very little money to spend, and more than a few injuries!

In the middle of the pitch, they are looking very bare, with Barry Ferguson out for the year, just as he was coming good! (Bet Souness wishes he held on to Dunn now!)
    Their aging strikers (Cole and Yorke) have shown very little up front, and Grabbi is gone back to Italy, probably for free. and the young lad Gallagher has picked up a knock too!
    No sign of Amouruso coming back to bolster the defense.

Outlook for 2004 is gloomy!

X
    I'd say Sounness will get around 8mil to spend this month as there is still money left over from the sales and they need to buy. Also, he had to sell Dunn as they never got on and they hated each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Leicester
    Wolves (sniff)
    and proberly a biggie - Spurs/Blackburn/Leeds
    I suspect Portsmouth will somehow survive.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Portsmouth
    Leicster
    Wolves

Not a very good year for the Nationwide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Only 9 points seperate the teams in the bottom half of the table - it's not possible to say with certainty that team X is going to be relegated. A few shrewd moves in the transfer window could even see the likes of Wolves climb out of the relegation spot.

The absence of players due to the African Nations matches could have a huge impact on the fate of Premiership teams this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I don't think they'll stay up but its interesting that Wolves have been doing fairly well lately. Have won a few matches and the remainder have largely been draws.

Advertisement