Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush in 30 Seconds

Options
  • 06-01-2004 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

15 finalists have been chosen for the "Bush in 30 Seconds" political commercial contest. The winning ad(s) will be aired in the run up to the presidential election in the States, supported by MoveOn.org.

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

The top one, Child's Play, is very striking.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

some of them are quite shocking, others quite funny (more funny if they were depressingly true), and very well made ... I especially like the children running for president ("WHAT ARE WE TEACHING OUR CHILDREN?")

"Bring it on!" ... what an idiot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

We can only hope that these will have the desired effect.

I like "Childs Play" but "In My Country" looks good too.

They are all good.
    I liked the first one and "what are we teaching the children"

The "Desktop" one is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

The hood robbin' one is fairly bent. I liked the LEAVE NO BILLIONAIRE BEHIND as well as the ones mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

My favorite one didn't make the final. I don't remember the title.
    It was two soldiers in midst of battle casually discussing how their benefits had been rolled back by Bush all the while returning fire and jumping behind rocks and such.
    Very well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

LOL. You'd wonder if that would appeal to the common man more than the 30 seconds ones. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

I don't see why they're bothering. Bush has the 2004 election in the bag already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Biffa Bacon
    I don't see why they're bothering. Bush has the 2004 election in the bag already.

With his buddy O'Dell being the head of Diebold, you may be right.
    Oh yeah he's also a huge contributor to the Bush campaign as well.

• Advertisement

I saw a clip on one of these entries on euronews last night, and it basically showed bush spouting on about the war while the faces of all the dead american soldiers from iraq were shown. It actually looked pretty good - the punch line was "He lied, they died."

It says one of the entries has beeen taken down due to copyright issues..could that be the one? cause i can't see it anywhere there.

Bush's repair shop, Leave no billionaire behind, and imagine were excellent imho

Advertisement