Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting mortgage approval while working as a contractor???

• 06-01-2004 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a dilema right now, I'm currently employed with a contracting agency, my contract expires in the next few weeks and is not being renewed(no fault of my own, the position I was in is being removed). I am looking around for a new job right now and am wondering whether to take a contracting position or permanent role?

I will be applying for a mortgage in the next 6 months or so and I have been told by some people that If I have a contracting job I may be refused approval by a lot of mortgage companies! Is this true or what???

What would you do if you were in my position?

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mrterry

i have heard you need 1 and a half years time contracting before you can get a mortgage but i am not entirely certain.

The accountants on www.askaboutmoney.com will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

brilliant site m8, thx a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

They probably will look at your employment history and if you are contracting with your own company setup then they will ask for at least 3 years audit or some figures from your accountant. Things can get crazy but best advices can be from the banks and mortgage lenders, try talking to few of them. I did it about 3 years ago and got a mortgage on my own fairly quick :) Not sure how things changed since then.

Advertisement