Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Amatuer Bike Mechs?

Options
  • 06-01-2004 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Have a moped with filth clogged in the carb, I would take it off and clean it out myself if I had the time.

If someone is interested in doing it along with a full service(naturally I would have tools and all the parts ready, full Mechanics Garage to avail of).

Or, could someone point me in the direction of a non rip off Garage which would do it for me.

Thanks,

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Have no experience of cleaning a carb myself, I wouldn't touch someone else's.

As for places to get the job done, where about are you located? Dublin? There is another thread on servicing at the moment with some suggestions.

Or try the maintenance classes suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

what's your location Samba?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Use the force jim, it only takes a few hours for a single carbie moped. Chances are that unless you've got actual grit and mess inside the jets, you can just run a toluene based cleaner, which would be practically any carb/choke cleaner you can buy, thru the trumpets, that'd clean it right out. Anyway, 2 hours would see the whole thing mint anyway. I'll do it for ya if you bring it to ennis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Im on the southside of Dublin, thanks for the offer bugs, Ennis I reckon is a bit too far :).

Advertisement