Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the hell is my hard drive?

• 06-01-2004 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

If anyone can help me on this it would be greatly appreciated

I just installed a ATA 133 IDE controller card into a spare PCI slot, and it installed no problems.

So along I come and put a 80 Gig ATA 133 on Channel 0 of the card.

All is going well untill I reboot and find that Windows thinks that the new drive is a SCSI drive, all correctly installed (functioning properly as Windows puts it), but completely unaccesable from My Computer.

Now Im a bit of a noob at this hardware lark but aren't ATA and SCSI two completely different protocols how could this happen and if this is normal how the hell can I get at my Hard Drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The raid controller is recognised as scsi to deferentiate it from the ide stuff, go into admin tools, computer management, format the new drive.

Its just unformatted thats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Maybe you need to format ur hard drive first. My Computer, Manage, Disk Management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Lads your bleedin Legends, Many blessings upon You and Yours from Me and Mine.

Advertisement