Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online store software

Options
  • 06-01-2004 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for advice please! Pretty soon I will be opening a small business based around an online store. What I am looking for is a software package that will allow me to set up and administrate the storefront from an easy to use point and click interface (I don't want to have to edit HTML to update a price!). I also need the software either to have an inventory database or to be able to export stock information to an accounts package (I'm familiar with Quickbooks). For online payments I'll probably be using something like WorldPay or Payandshop.com.

There seems to be thousands of packages available aimed at people having their first flurry at an online store. Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with any particular shop front programs?

Many thanks,

Robbie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

there's a **** load of them out there ... you try googling at all?? :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/

I dont have a store of my own, but i've tested alot of different stores, and that one seems fine .... i like the new elara site, but i dont know what system they use (it could be an in house one)

Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah there are certainly plenty out there.
    An easy one to use to implement from desktop app situation is http://www.shopfactory.com/ - but like most of these products... they are not very flexible.

Personally - i would suggest contacting a web developer who could steer you in the right direction as to what you need etc and let them go through the setup for you. Nowadays it shouldnt cost much for the system.

Tom

Advertisement