Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPL

Options
  • 23-02-2000 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Theres a lot of players in with a chance. Out of the names that have entered so far. I'd put my money on nB.Fatility, Makaveli and Lakerman to be in the last 10. To win I'd choose Fatility. But the may be a surprise from D13.Unholy if he attends.

Don't think Kane will feature in the top 20 however but hope he proves me wrong.

Looking forward to it though. Should be a cracker.

Jedi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is cpl?

One of Your Imps Does A Great Impression Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

cyberathlete profesional league www.cyberathlete.com

tourney comin up in TX with 100,000 prize money...

i wounder if ppl actualy play quake here sometimes:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

smile.gif. what you own opinion on it chris. You recon Kane can impress.?

hard to say jedi... sad.gif

i mean, kane can rock for sure..but at kxi he playd like complete rookie.

If he plays like he can, he would win im sure. They all been playing loads, i been watching the demos of how thye are doing. He is ruling for sure. I think we will have a SK in the top 5...DocSnyder has been doing his share of pimping also.

Lets see:>

Iv heard that Fat is doing 6 hours each day, and has been doing it for months, erk...

Sujoy the monster has got a p3 800...

going to take me ages to catch up with these players again sad.gif

they got to much free time/money... they got a nice lead again.

They will be rocking on inet for sure, with these big PCs and also the phat net connects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

saw demo of fatality vs timber from xsi, hes pretty good too, but i think if timber/kane etc learn the map tactics like him they would beat him (it doesnt take that long to learn map tactics)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Any of ye see the new "c3" demos....that lads good. First guy to beat Fatality in a q3 comp to boot.

okay...just took a look at the site...Lord Vader is playing....my moeny's on him...no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I think it would be nice to see Blokey do well, I know he might not be in the league of some of the players, I admit that freely, but I would love love love if he beat sujoy smile.gif

I have actually played blokey with me clan EED in a TDM game, (he is still a modemer BTW) and my point is that while we can watch demos of lakerman and kane and whoever, what is the chance of a pe0n like me ever being on the same server as them..

Just it would be good to see a 'real' gamer who plays in leagues and stuff do well with these pro gamers.

Vaggabond

Eat Electric Death www.electricdeath.com

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 23-02-2000).]

correction to my first post ...Fatality also lost to Wombat in Frag 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bah, there goes my opinion of you as a quake guru creative.

One of Your Imps Does A Great Impression Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

good ol vAGGA cant pass up a chance to name drop EED as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Its not 1 v 1 is it?
    I thought it was 8 player ffa...top 2 go through??? right?
    If it is FFA, anyone could win

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

thems fiotin wurds bai!

gg
    shot
    played
    lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The only 4 words heard during an FFA, and even then they're all binds sunglasses.gif

Who do you think will win...?

Id liek to see Kane play like he can.

OK, top 5 even...

buny, it will be duels, think they do some phat ffa tho to loose the freaks. anyone good is seaded.

easy money?

man, its soo lame, the connect prob here, grr

cant practice at all...the 100,000 prize money at CPL is only the start, quake3 prizes will be huge.

For those who are any good and compete, once pro 4-4 starts, there will be 1m prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Chris, good connects arent coming any time soon so the only we we are gonna get good duelers is through regular LANs.

If we got the good duelers, yourself Koopa etc. together on a half regular basis it would at least give the duelers in this country half a chance to get good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

They should just see who turns up with the flashiest PC and declare him the winner.

yeh that be good, but you have to use there PCs:>

if it was bring ur own PC that would suck, too many rich freaks with nothink better to spend money on.

c u all sat

Advertisement