Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faked Moon Landings?

• 06-01-2004 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

This is a very interesting and i have to say im seriously starting to believe the theories about it all being fake. There is loads of evidence there to prove it!

number 1, in the videos of the moon when they landed the american flag they put there was moving like wind was moving it, theres no wind in space.

secondly neil armstrong hit the surface of the moon too quick, theres zero gravity, he would float to the surface but no he hit it in like less than a second

and thirdly, russia never detected apollo 11 with their satellites, only america and her allies like britain and europe detected the spacecraft, that tells you something

And that american flag they were suppose to put on the moon and leave there dont show up on any satellite photos, america just put that down to it blowing off, how can it bloody blow away in zero gravity with no atmosphere.

plus several NASA employees that was working on the project said that they saw documents about NASA hiring a film crew and special affects company to help on a project, only months before the so called moon landing

Go here for some good facts against the story.
    look in the second picture on that site in the astranauts helmet...theres a structure like a building or room in the reflection

Also in those pics there were no stars, when your in space theres stars everywhere you look, on earth you only see them in certain parts of the sky but thats only because clouds and other atmospheric stuff is blocking our view but in space there everywhere.
    Those pics have just black.

Go here:
    The rover that they took with them was 11ft long, the craft that took it there was 4ft long. Work that one out, and it was not in pieces or anything.

Heres an interseting theory....
    Kennedy was killed after he tried making a deal with the russians to go to the moon as a partnership which his government disagreed with. Not long after just before the moon mission he got a bullet in his head.

Check it out. Its very interesting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll let this run only so it can be shot full of holes...

Mike.

On the Lunar Rover -

http://www.fi.edu/pieces/schutte/LRV.html
    The LRV was folded up and placed inside the lunar module. The chassis (body) of the LRV is hinged in three places so it was folded in thirds and the 4 wheels were pivoted or turned nearly flat against the folded chassis. It occupied only 30 cubic feet. It was stowed inside the descent stage of the lunar module in quadrant Number 1 to the right of the ladder down which the astronauts descended to the Moon's surface.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

http://www.apollo-hoax.me.uk/index.html

[HYPO-FREAKIN-THETICAL]
    So i'm in charge of NASA for the fake Apollo moon landings....
    I organise the live broadcast set (piano wires and lighting etc)
    I organise for the capsule to be dropped into the ocean
    I give some volcanic rocks and sand from metoer craters to American geologists!
    I take a few pictures on the set of neil or buzz hanging around by the flag BUT I DONT BOTHER MY ARSE TO SCREEN THEM FOR WHISTLE BLOWERS TO MAKE A MOCKEREY OF IT AND I HAND THEM OVER TO THE WORLD PRESS!
    [/HYPO-FREAKIN-THETICAL]

Can a multi-million dollar cover-up can resort to that stupidity or is there a simpler explanation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

number 1, in the videos of the moon when they landed the american flag they put there was moving like wind was moving it, theres no wind in space.
    It was a fake flag, delibratly hardned.
    secondly neil armstrong hit the surface of the moon too quick, theres zero gravity, he would float to the surface but no he hit it in like less than a second
    There is gravity on the moon, it's one sixth earth's gravity. In space there's no gravity.
    And that american flag they were suppose to put on the moon and leave there dont show up on any satellite photos, america just put that down to it blowing off, how can it bloody blow away in zero gravity with no atmosphere.
    From the top, the flag would be less than 1m across. from earth that'd be mighty small. Even the hubble space telescope would only be able to see things more than 14m across on the moon.

Too easy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Lol... Interesting to say the least.

Will they "fake" they next one? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by sci0x

Also in those pics there were no stars, when your in space theres stars everywhere you look, on earth you only see them in certain parts of the sky but thats only because clouds and other atmospheric stuff is blocking our view but in space there everywhere.
    Those pics have just black.

Yawn - flags tend to wave a bit when exposed to the eflux from rockets (flag was held up with wire)

1/6g on the moon not zero - they needed a rocket

yeah you don't see too many stars here in the daylight either.. all landing sites were on this side of the moon during the lunar day (which is a tad longer than ours)

NASA were spending $20m per day back in the 60's when it was real money...

[edit] if it was zero gravity then the flag would not blow away - it would simply float :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The whole thing would have been carried out in a studio somewhere. Something both the moon and a studio have in common is that there is no wind present in either (unless someone left the door open!). If you put up a flag inside your livingroom it appears as limp as overcooked fettuccini. It would mean that the nasa scientists involved would have had to have been so scientifically incompetent as to install a wind machine for extra dramatic effect. And I'm sure the first thing any studio designer worth his salt would think of when designing the background for the greatest fraud in world history would be to paint a few stars onto his outer space scenery.
    "NASA insists the movement seen of the footage did not betray an Earthly gust of wind, but showed reverberations caused by the motion the astronauts had earlier used to twist the flagpole into the ground."

As for the Russians not seeing Apollo, despite not being Americas biggest fan at the minute, I would take their word before I would the USSR's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by mike65
    I'll let this run only so it can be shot full of holes...
    Mike.

http://homepage.mac.com/casewright/essays/apollo.html
    http://www.nasastooge.fsnet.co.uk/
    http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/apollohoax.html
    http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Mike, this thing was swiss cheese before the submit button was ever pushed. Can we kill it now rather than suffer it further?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Im not going to argue against everything but anyway...
    The LRV was folded up and placed inside the lunar module. The chassis (body) of the LRV is hinged in three places so it was folded in thirds and the 4 wheels were pivoted or turned nearly flat against the folded chassis. It occupied only 30 cubic feet. It was stowed inside the descent stage of the lunar module in quadrant Number 1 to the right of the ladder down which the astronauts descended to the Moon's surface.

yes i know aobut the folding but apparently even folded it was too big
    There is gravity on the moon, it's one sixth earth's gravity. In space there's no gravity.

yes ok true but still not enough to hit it as fast as he did, it would have still been enough to slow him down
    Basically theres more evidence saying its fake than there is saying its real
    From the top, the flag would be less than 1m across. from earth that'd be mighty small. Even the hubble space telescope would only be able to see things more than 14m across on the moon.

Thats a lie for starters, even basic sats have .5 metre resolution now, they can see a penny on the ground on earth so im pretty sure they can see the moons surface like they have been doing for a long time.
    And as for the hubble, umm i dont know where you got that info from but the hubble is used to see other galaxies thousands of light years away, the moon is amazingly close to us, the hubble wouldn't be able to see it because its too close not because its too far away
    Yawn - flags tend to wave a bit when exposed to the eflux from rockets (flag was held up with wire)

lol where did you get that **** from? It wouldnt have blown as much as that one was, your forgetting the other evidence, the russians didn't detect the shuttle, at the time the russians were way ahead of the americans in terms of technology. no way would they have missed it. it was simply not there. And NASA employees, they wouldn't make it up unless it was true, their hardly going to say their government faked the moon landing for the sheer fun of it.

As for the Russians not seeing Apollo, despite not being Americas biggest fan at the minute, I would take their word before I would the USSR's.

They will never change. Yeah like they did in 1962, they took the americans word then and look what happened, almost a nuclear war started, and russia was the good guys
    The west were in the wrong through the whole soviet period. America has a history of lieing and being a corrupt, deceptive nation.

Im 100% sure the moon landing was fake, and so are many people including NASA emplyoees, so im taking their sideo n this, theres no doubt at all about it

the russians didn't detect the shuttle, at the time the russians were way ahead of the americans in terms of technology. no way would they have missed it. it was simply not there

Of course the ruskies knew the Yanks were up there (shuttle, eh?) and could detect the evidence but as they were "the enemy" of the USA at the time they were'nt about the acknowledge the succes of the USA.
    Im 100% sure the moon landing was fake, and so are many people including NASA emplyoees, so im taking their sideo n this, theres no doubt at all about it

Lots of ppl still belive in Litle Green Men and the earth being flat....

Finally I'll let the kidz have the final word
    http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p685.htm

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by sci0x
    Basically theres more evidence saying its fake than there is saying its real

There are a few hundred pounds of moon rocks returned from the Apollo programme. This site details why those samples cannot have been faked.

Personally speaking, I find that to be more than sufficent for any practical purposes.

Mike, can you close this waste of bandwidth off now please? It's exceptionally embarressing to see something so idiotic being debated on here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Spy satellites orbit at ~ 250 miles up
    the moon is a quarter of a million miles away - do the maths !

Life support - you believe in submarines ??
    As for the physics newtons laws of motion & boyles law / charles law and empircal measurements of heat of combustion more or less covers it. No major scientific breakthroughs needed - just standard technology of making things lighter and stronger...

It's not a good cconsipracy theory - lets face it sputnik worked (people could pick it up on radios and telescopes) and hence we know astraunauts go into orbit and >80% of the energy to go to the moon and back is spent getting into orbit..

then there are the mirrors - lasers bounce of them - and the remote telemetry on the nuclear powered moonquake detectors.

Right thats enough of this sort of thing....

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement