Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help/Advise needed

• 06-01-2004 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Can some one please help..

I had chorus installed just before christmas and the installer only installed it with Scart leads...........

I have tried running Coax cable from the TV loop to a Portable TV in my Kitchen but can only pick up CH4, UTV,SKY One and SKy News but not the channel that I can see on my main TV..... on this TV after doing a scan on VHF1,VHF3 and UHF........ Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for help..............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

IF its a digital box its output is on uhf only ,if you have it connected properly at the back there' s no reason why you should 'nt get it on the portable if its analouge it could be on vhf or uhf:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 topflite

The system is supposed to be digital..............

it is bugging me in that I can the the above mentioned channels and store them separately on my portable TV................ but I cannot pick up any other channels but those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

The box is looping thru analogue to your portable. Hence utv sky1 Rte etc. Same as if you just had the portable hooked up to the cable point in your kitchen. In this case you are getting the signal from your livingroom cable point via the stb and then on to your portable.

As for the digital channels you can only watch the digital channel that the stb is on ie whats showing on your main tv. You cannot store the digital channels on your portable in the kitchen. (I maybe misunderstanding your last post and you already know this) You tune the kitchen tv into the uhf frequency the stb is broadcasting on and you will see whatever digital channel the stb is set to at that time. Best thing to do is bring up the stb menu and that way when you are trying to tune in the actual digital box on your portable you will know for sure when you find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Thanks,

I will try that and get back to you to let you know how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Hi....

I put the box on the Guide and ran the lead direct from the STB to the portable TV but cannot pick up what is on the box i.e the Guide on the portable. Did a search through VH1, VH3, and UHF......

Any further advise please....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

I would imagine that the STB does not pass the digital channels through the RF output, just the analogue ones. If this is the case, you will have to put a direct video link to your portable using audio/video cables. Or you could get one of those wireless video senders. Saves on a cable run.

Advertisement