Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool 97.4FM?

Options
  • 06-01-2004 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Not sure this is teh right forum for this, but how and ever...

Just got my Metallica tickets from Sound Cellar,
    among the usual Mirror, Independent, 2FM, Herald as promotors / supporters, there's also "Cool FM", listed as 97.4FM in their logo.

This is just .1 above the frequency phantom are using at the moment, anyone know what's going on there? or am i misreading this and there's a station called Cool FM broadcasting somewhere other than Dublin on 97.4?
    I tried searching boards for this but to no avail, so sorry if its been covered already..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

http://www.coolfm.co.uk/ might answer your question. "Norhtern Ireland's number 1 hit music station".

Sunday Morning Coming Down / 11am to 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

aah, thanks,
    that makes sense...
    cant help but wonder why they're sponsering a metallica gig in Dublin though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

hee hee- cool fm.. hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Oh God - Cool FM...the amount of times i've been stuck in my cousins' car listening to that in Belfast. *Shudders* It's awful stuff. Awful.

Oh, and in answer to the sponsership question - there usually are alot of people fron the north at big Irish concerts. And I think you can get cool FM in border counties aswell so it makes sense for them to advertise at Metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

cant help but wonder why they're sponsering a metallica gig in Dublin though

Metallica=mulletheads

Northern Ireland= moustachioed mulletheads

ergo Metallica=Northern Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

What an awful generalisation!

Go to your room...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I thought it made perfect sense! :D

Advertisement