Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to grab all files from all folders and put it into one folder?

Options
  • 06-01-2004 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

is there an app to do that?

you have folder called "temp" for example, and there are many folders inside this temp folder that contain files, you want to put all files contained in the folders, in temp folder, but to do that, you'll need to repeat and repeat the same move many times, so it would be really good if there would be an app to do all that operations automatically

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What version of Windows? Been a long time since I worked in 9x so I don't know if it has a search function, but in W2K it's as simple as browsing to the folder you want to move all the files from, hitting Search and typing in "*.*" (minus the quotes). All the files in that folder and subfolders should be listed, and you can CTRL+A to select them all and move them where you wish.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye, that's what I would have suggested. Pointless installing an app just to do this when search should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Great idea guys! Thanks!

Advertisement