Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate school

• 06-01-2004 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm back at school tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I dont mind it so much except for one of my classes in particular. In that class I don't really get on with or know most of the people and I end up sitting by myself in the class which makes me look like such a waster. I just wish I could get out of that class or something. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What ever made you think you were supposed to like school? Jesus, if I had a euro for every class I had that I didn't know people, or where someone only sat beside me because there are no seats anywhere else, I'd be loaded. Just pay attention to the educational bit for the half hour or however long it is, and leave. It's not a popularity contest. You'll likely never see most of the people you DO know after school in any case.

Long rant short, I think you're worrying about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

just go through it, school doesnt last forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Way to give him hope smiaras :P

I only know maybe 3 people who actually like school... just get it over with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

Originally posted by smiaras
    You hate school now, you'll hate college later, then surprise surprise you'll hate you're job later. i wouldn't let school get you down, in a few years you'll be saying they were the best years of your life. Of course by that stage you'll have a wife, kids and a mortgage to contend with...anything's better than that.

School are not the best days and expecially the exam years are just a bit of a drag. But college is the best by far apart from some vague memory of having a week or two of cramming every year. Would go back for the craic if I won the lotto. Work pays the bills and you kind of live for the Fri evening to Monday morning bit !!!
    If it only one class that you are bothered about try not to worry too much. I had about 4 I hated completely (mainly teachers but one was students). Kept the head low and just passed the time and got through it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Try not to worry about it, it's only one class, and sure who cares if ya sit on your own, nobody's gonna think you're a waster! And besides, it's not as if you can actually communicate to someone if you are sittin beside 'em - the class is to learn, not talk to whoever's beside ya. Prolly better anyway that ya sit on your own so ya won't get distracted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yea i hated school too, it hated me back.

i thought college would be better, more interesting people, etc.

i was wrong

dont ever hope
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

i was like that...

inappropriate advice there kold
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

The 'I hate work' and 'I hate my manager' threads on after hours appear to get plenty of replies also.
    Can you ask anyone to tell you what is cool interesting or exciting about the subject? Even if you spent the next two weeks trying to find out something to make the subject seem meaningful. Try the same strategy if its the teacher that is making you hate class ? I hated history and teacher and now I read biographies. Simply because someone explained to me the earth is about 500 million years old but 'civilisation' is only 10,000 years old! It made it seem less of a problem to try to get into it? At least to my crazy head.
    Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

nah don't worry - college is a lot better than school

a lot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think everybody hates going back the first day so don't worry about it. Everyone there is dreading it like you :)

There's nothing about sitting on your own that makes you look like a waster. You can choose your friends but you can't choose your classmates so don't worry about that. Anyway you're lucky it's only one class! I had loads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

look on the bright side
    you have no big responsibilities
    ie:
    mortgage repayments
    electric bill
    phone bill
    cable bill
    home insurance
    weekly shopping bills
    car loan
    visa bill
    keeping your job so you can pay the above
    taking care of your kids and making sure they grow up half ways decent

feel better now??

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    visa bill
    damn stoooodent credit card! One of these days now, I will clear the balance .... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

best days of your life ....... school .... but then college comes along and it OWNS

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I didn't hate skool but it was kinda crap in retrospect. Here's what I did in skool: Study.
    See that's kinda bording.
    Whereas college offers far more fun opportunities and excitement. Real eye opener to the world and great for personal growth. As Guinness would have you know: Believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I really liked school in general, I was lucky to have a good group of friends. There were a few anti-Christ teachers who made their classes hell but on the whole it was an enjoyable 6 years!
    As many other people have said on this thread, college is so much more fun. Look forward to that, if you plan to go, and that'll get you through school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You know all those "cool" kids in your school? mark my words, they'll be the losers in college... it always goes that way. They stay in their same bitchy little circles whilst people like you grow into themselves in college, make new friends and are the ones worth knowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by smiaras
    You hate school now, you'll hate college later, then surprise surprise you'll hate you're job later. i wouldn't let school get you down, in a few years you'll be saying they were the best years of your life. Of course by that stage you'll have a wife, kids and a mortgage to contend with...anything's better than that.
    Bart: Aw, I'm going to miss the whole summer.
    Homer: Don't worry, boy. When you get a job like me, you'll miss every summer.

Originally posted by Sleepy
    You know all those "cool" kids in your school? mark my words, they'll be the losers in college... it always goes that way. They stay in their same bitchy little circles whilst people like you grow into themselves in college, make new friends and are the ones worth knowing.

That is so correctomundo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was a "loner" in secondary school, but then college came along, I made a few good friends, and realised that I had developed a lot more personality and interests while being a loner than those idiots that could never look beyond their nose in secondary school. I knew while in secondary school that I didn't want to be friends with them and I couldn't wait to be out of there.

Just treat school as what it is,.. school. Learn while you're there, a good education will get you things in life. I enjoyed school, as in learning. I still do. Have the courage to be a loner if that is what suits you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I feel so cool :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Sleepy

Well said!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

God I hated school with avengence!
    Had to put up with soooo much **** but now I look back at all the bullies and dickheads and there stuck in **** jobs in my home town NEVER to leave, or they've been arrested for robbing banks etc
    its funny really

You know all those "cool" kids in your school? mark my words, they'll be the losers in college

I 100% agree, its almost always the way things go

Advertisement