Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Decide

Options
  • 06-01-2004 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Okay so here's the situation. I've a small bit of cash saved from Christmas and I'm looking to get some things for Battlefield. I can't decide wether to get 'Road to Rome' or 'Secret Weapons of WWII'.

Appart from that can anyone give me any advice on mods and patches and where to get them. Battlefield 1942 is one of my all-time fave games but I've played it plain for months I need a change.

What should I get? 10 votes

'Road to Rome'
    0% 0 votes
    'Secret Weapons of WWII'
    0% 0 votes
    Neither, download some mods (if selected please advise)
    10% 1 vote
    Wait untill you got the money for both.
    90% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

My own solution was eve of destruction a vietnam mod for bf1942 .

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/index2.php

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

download mods.
    • Desert Combat
    • Eve of Destruction
    • Forgotten Hope

get these three first, then shop around :)
    [oh, and buy a mini-fridge with the money you've saved]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you really want to buy one of the two official expansion packs I would reccomend getting Secret Weapons. It added a lot more to the game then Road To Rome did. Though i cannot recall the last time I played Road To Rome or even Secret Weapons for that matter.

I would advise going and downloading a mod or two. At the moment the best mod to get would be Desert Combat. It will totally change your game play expierance by bringing in a new era of weapons and veichles. God i sould like im selling it. Just download DC and give it a twirl. If you dont want to downlaod it pm me details and ill send you a copy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

I played Desert Combat alot when it came out first. However I accedentally deleted it and couldn't find the disc I got it off. I found the copters hard to control and found the MiG impaled in too many mountains.

Any map pack worth checking out?

As for mods, do any offer jet packs? That was one reason I was leaning toward 'Road to Rome'.

And which mod has the "big stompy robots"? I want to get that again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

erm, its SW that hsa the jetpacks, not RtR. and at that they are hidden in each level, i was only able to find 3 of them. get DC, its come along way since you've played it and is fantastic fun. as for big stompy robots.....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    erm, its SW that hsa the jetpacks, not RtR. and at that they are hidden in each level, i was only able to find 3 of them. get DC, its come along way since you've played it and is fantastic fun. as for big stompy robots.....

1) I don't know what I was thinking writing 'Road to Rome'

2) Where can I get a good copy of DC

3) If I remember correctly the Allied robot was huge and fired rockets from it's hands and the Axis robot was a mechanical spider that could fly. Although I always ended up on my back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Q_Elexra
    2) Where can I get a good copy of DC

Beside me in my hands i have two CDs which contain the most recent DesertCombat [0.5L and the 0.6f update]. Tomorrow or so I will send them down to monument. monument may be able to send them over to you if you ask very nice :)

Also i think the mod you speak of may be Parallel World. I have a couple of copies of it in my Battlefield Mods downlaod folder. Never found the robots in it but there were some in it. It was an odd mod to say the least.

Also i think the mod you speak of may be Parallel World. I have a couple of copies of it in my Battlefield Mods downlaod folder. Never found the robots in it but there were some in it. It was an odd mod to say the least. [/B]

You might be right there. My mate has the disc I got it off. I'll chech it out. As for not finding the robots I think they're only in certain levels. I think they're in 'Battle Of The Bulge'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

parallel world sounds pretty cool, must check that out!

But seriously, get Desert Combat, sooooo much fun!

Advertisement