Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on bands to tour

Options
  • 06-01-2004 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I ve been waiting ages for any sign of trent reznor or tool to come to ireland I know tool came back in the 98( i think) ozzfest but it was one of them round that year and have no sign of NIN ever being in ireland. I was wondering if any1 knew anything on the current status of NIN as trent never says **** and the fourms are a joke tbh, I am aware of the new album coming out, and the whole doom3 thing. But Tool i have no news of them at all, most sites seem to have zero news at all. I was just wondering if the ppl of boards can help? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    Tool i have no news of them at all

Haven't got a clue. I'm still kicking myself for not going to see them at ozzfest. And for not seeing Drowning Pool before Daves death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

NIN played in 1996 I think it was, in the SFX.
    Tool played SFX in 2000, and Ozzfest 2001. (Maybe add 1 year to each of those dates...!)

According to Billy Howerdel from APC Maynard will be with APC till next summer, then the likelihood is work will officially start on the new Tool album. So, expect a tour in 2010 or sometime around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Nine Inch Nails played here on the Downward Spiral tour, haven't been back. Your best bet is to see them in England.

It was 1994, in the SFX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Enslaved...
    Was nearly going to go over to London to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Went to London a couple of years ago to see Masters Of Reality play. On that tour they had Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri playing with 'em. Mark Lanegan (of Screaming Tress) was playing too. Well worth the trip and expense.

The Supersuckers are playing in Whelans on the 25th and I've been waiting... oh, about 10 years or so to see them. Unfortunately, my missus is making noises about "going away" to celebrate our anniversary that weekend. I hope she means by herself :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    NIN played in 1996 I think it was, in the SFX.
    Tool played SFX in 2000, and Ozzfest 2001. (Maybe add 1 year to each of those dates...!)

According to Billy Howerdel from APC Maynard will be with APC till next summer, then the likelihood is work will officially start on the new Tool album. So, expect a tour in 2010 or sometime around then.

There was an unsubstantiated rumour that APC might add an Irish date to the end of their European tour this summer. Time to spam the APC forums about it, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

nin played sfx in 96, they haven't returned since.

the doom3 soundtrack is no longer in trents hands, he's just working on bleedthrough at the moment. check out this site for the best nin news...

the nin hotline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Q_Elexra
    Haven't got a clue. I'm still kicking myself for not going to see them at ozzfest.

Me too only i had a public exam that monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by spahndirge
    nin played sfx in 96, they haven't returned since.

It was definitely 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

I want to see Primus in Ireland .... :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

In Flames, i really want to see them.
    Iron Maiden again.
    AC/DC i found out the rumour of them playing here this year was, well, a rumour

damn punks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by Lodgepole
    Nine Inch Nails played here on the Downward Spiral tour, haven't been back. Your best bet is to see them in England.

It was 1994, in the SFX.

Ah yes, see I was about 10 then, so was nay allowed to go, only heard rumours of it over the years! :D

And yeah, would love to see In Flames live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

In Flames would be a show to see for sure, doubt they'll ever come here tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

sounding like an immature 13 yr old but id like to see Mushroomhead live
    they rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Tool were supposed to open for RATM in 1992 or 93, they pulled out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Electric Mole

The Smiths or Nirvana or Radiohead or RLD.

Split Up
    Dead
    Money Issues--??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Vlad,
    ...I saw Primus in 92 when they supported RUSH at wembley arena London over 4 nights, they were different , ok though, ...maybe they'll support the goys again this year when they come to the UK??..maybe

ciao',,,Baggio............

Advertisement