Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody work in Tesco in Artane?

• 06-01-2004 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Do you know if they're looking for staff for the night shifts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

why not call them and ask?

I dont think January is a good time to look for a job in a supermarket though, TBH, as any positions would likely have been given to the staff hired for Christmas?

I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Ah yeah, I'll drop in to them, but I was just looking for some prior knowledge. I was thinking maybe they might be having a hard time finding people to work the night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

you can get the artane number from tesco.ie . Go to store locator and choose tesco artane. That will give you phone numbers etc

Night crew rate is T+1/3 of the normal rate (as far as i know, it was T+1/4 , so its not exactly fantastic pay, but some people like it for personal reasons?

I did it for T+1/2 and 2T as a once off.. (er, twice off?) and i preferred it to day work, though it messed up my body clock for a few days, not sure i could stick it for very long.

I found it to be a generally quieter atmosphere in general with no customers around distracting you (or to trip over cages, which is always a plus point!), just be sure you dont need to do anything in the daytime, ever...

Well, at the moment I'm staying up till the early mornings anyway, so it probably wouldn't affect me that much. And I don't mind too much about the pay, I just need any cash coming in.

As for the nightshift atmosphere, what is it like? I'm imagining it'd be pretty empty, no annoying customers and just relaxed in general (main reason I want it). Or do they make you do all kinds of work?

• Advertisement

Well i've only done it twice as i say, but it was pretty much nothing but shelf packing, which is alright.

It was fairly easy going, but i did it before the chilled deliveries were coming in 24/7, so there was really only "old" stock to be packed, i imagine there's more that needs to be packed ASAP now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I live beside it, and they are always looking for staff - well decent ones anyways

as they are now 24hr Monday-Friday

Well, Igy was right. I rang them today and they said they weren't looking for staff for either day or night shifts.

Advertisement