Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better?

• 06-01-2004 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

P4 3.06 FSB 533 w/ Hyper T

OR

P4 2.8 FSB 800 w/ Hyper T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

id go for the 2.8 800fsb myself

200mhz doesnt make a noticble differnce so id go for the extra fsb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Go for the 2.8 w/ 800FSB. They are actually about even in performance but ddr-ram is cheaper and the board for the 3.06 w/533FSB cant take any of the 800FSB pentiums.

Unless your getting the 3.06 w/533FSB REALLY cheap or something, maybe consider it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

2.8Ghz 800Mhz FSB without a douth................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The P4 c is VERY easy to overclock, have seen report of a P4c 2.4 overclocked @3.3 with pair of good matched fast OCZ ram and bog standard cooling

Have a P4 c 3.0 myself since last week and it is running completely stable @3.5 (235FSB). This is on a single stick of cheapo ram :cool:

(Contemplating buying decent matched ram - but still quite expensive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh unless the 3.06 is going very cheap don't bother your backside.

as you ask which is better the 2.8ghz is and it can be overclocked easily enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i will also second or sixth or whatever you at, at this stage the 2.8 800mhz chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

If your getting a mother board & chip then as the guys said go with the 2.8c.

If you have a board that only supports 533MHZ FSB and you dont want to upgrade it then the 3.06 i suppose..... (In that case id probably sell the mobo and buy new with a 2.6 or 2.8c).

Originally posted by unkel
    The P4 c is VERY easy to overclock, have seen report of a P4c 2.4 overclocked @3.3 with pair of good matched fast OCZ ram and bog standard cooling

Have a P4 c 3.0 myself since last week and it is running completely stable @3.5 (235FSB). This is on a single stick of cheapo ram :cool:

Thinking of overclocking my 2.8c abit but wondering what are the pitfalls. I know watch the temp. Anyone got a good link. Sorry for being off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i use www.overclockers.co.uk forum ask there on how to overclock as i see they have good people there that are more than welcome to help out.

i havn't o/clocked my 3ghz but i might soon enough. and i'll be using that site to help me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Its a complete system thats €100 extra to up from a 2.66 to the 3.06.

Ive ordered it with the 3.06 anyways thanks for the comments ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KeithD

Eh?

You have the 2.66 is 533FSB aint it. I thought you wanted to know wether to go for a 3.06b or a 2.8c??.

Originally posted by KeithD

You mean you are ordering a system to be built for you right now? I wouldn't go for a 533 mobo / chipset with the 3.06 533 cpu unless you can get it at bargain basement price :confused:

lol basically thanks for the comments but i've gone against what ever single person in the thread recommended

i hope it was cheap :)

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Maybe he wants to stand out from the crowd???:confused:

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i hope it was cheap :)

What are you getting and what are you paying for it?

sorry? confused here

i was thinking of the original poster who didn't seem to follow anyone's advice

:o apologies Dataisgod

Mistook you for the original poster there for a second. Didn't capture your sarcastic mode :D

I'll second you that I hope KeithD is getting his new system cheap - what else would you expect when ordering a system based on obsolete components?

Advertisement