Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audio question

• 07-01-2004 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

just wondering what controls the over volume on a device like a walkman, ipod, mp3 player

is it the device or the quality of the ear/head phones.

the reason i ask is i have an ipod and don't think the end volume is great even no max and if its worth it and i will get better volume i will pick up some better earphones

cheers

data

p.s i tried my sony earphones from my walkman but it didn't seem to make much difference if any

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's the device; it depends what resistors are on the circuit, the more resistance the less volume (this is usually done to save battery power - at the expense of the volume).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

It seems eurpoean ipods are volume-limited, search for "volume limited IPod's" on google, here's some unix nuts trying to find a way around it.

Advertisement