Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vishnu.

Options
  • 25-02-2000 12:48am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I first joined a quake server (CTF) and said "Hey, how do those guys fly!" the name of Conor Vishnu McGovern was already legend.

Without Vishnu we'd have not lasted as long as we have, which is why we have a box called vishnu.ign.ie

Vishnu, Cloud and Eddie (with help from MP and a few Inc heads I think, but I was a newbie so I dunno) put the IGN on the map and made it possible for us to have a community.

Conors been a trojan worker over the years for us in Tinet and I for one would like to say "Ta loads Conor and good luck with the new job".

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

FFS DeV while I was reading that I was thinking something terrible like he had died or something. I second the gesture put forward by DeVore.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Conor, thanks loads... not much else I can add to that eloquent post above smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

conor despite being after ur time i owe u a pint

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry SB didnt mean to scare ya smile.gif

Conor leaving will have a bigger effect then most will expect. There is a certain amount of "changing of the guard" in the air at the moment.

We all owe the original IGN peeps a debt of thanks imho.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

ahhh haaaa,
    fishy vishy, i knew him well,
    sent me an empty Q2 box with no CD, which of course i still have.

G'luck Conor,

Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement