Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free polyphonic ringtones ?

• 07-01-2004 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a site where i can download free polyphonic ringtones ? I have a data cable for the nokia 3200.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://www.musicrobot.com

It's a search engine for midi files, that's all polyphonic ringtones are.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

www.polyphonicringtonez.com/wap/index.php

Didn't check it in a while hope it's still there for free.

AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

I found 2 files totalling over 14MB (nearly 6,000 !!!!) of polyphonic midi ringtones using Limewire. Kazaa or the like should also find them - just search for polyphonic or Nokia ringtones, you get the idea !!!;)

R-N-B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by red-not-blue
    I found 2 files totalling over 14MB (nearly 6,000 !!!!) of polyphonic midi ringtones using Limewire. Kazaa or the like should also find them - just search for polyphonic or Nokia ringtones, you get the idea !!!;)

R-N-B
    Sure set up yer own server, premium rate €5-per-tone phone number and yer laughin! Quality on most of them will be crap no doubt. Sad to see ppl willing to pay a small fortune for crap tones when they could prolly d/l them freeee!

It is what it's.

Quality on most of them will be crap no doubt.

Actually about 80% of the tones I downloaded were of excellent quality with the remaining perfectly usable ! Most of the tones were full length midifiles of about 48 - 90 KB in size while the rest were as small as 4KB and were only about 15 - 20 seconds long.

It amazes me that people actually pay top dollar for these inferior files when they are easily obtainable from the web.

I guess it's a case of buyer beware !!!

R-N-B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

is there anywhere similar where u can get free operator logos, theree used to b 1 i used a couple of years ago but i cany remember the name of it, any help would b appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

how do you download the midi files from this site? Using a software program or just wap? I got this program called Coding Workshop Polyphonic Wizard... but it doesn't appear to work. Any ideas? Cheers.

Data calls on mobiles are too expensive to even consider downloading tones or logos. I think it's cheaper to buy a data cable, especially for a nokia - cheap, and use a filesharing utility to download the material you need !

Nokia's PC Suite works fine for this sort of transfer while a bluetooth adaptor will provide compatability with a large range of phones: i.e. T610, T68i, 3610i, 7650 etc. Its then easy to reansfer the tones/logo's to your mates device if they also have bluetooth capability.

R-N-B

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it possible to change the operator logo on a Sagem phone? I've a MyV65 but when I went to download teh free Phantom FM logo, I just got a txt message full of charachters and stuff. So obviously only seems to work on Nokia phones.

So just wondered if a data cable or similar (phone has IR thingy on the side) would allow me to change op logo. The phone logo currently says Eircell, despite Eircell having its name changed quite some time ago :/

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭diarmy

Try this: http://v22.net/midi/

You can access it via most MMS capable phones with Polyphonic abilities and online through your PC of MAC so you can easily download the MIDI files and simply transfer them to your phone with Data Connection Software and the relevant transfer methods (cables, IrDA etc.)

diarmy

P.S. I also have a file of over 600 Polyphonic (MIDI and MMF) ringtones if anyone's interested. None of them have names but they work grand. I've only tried a few (600 is a lot of tones like!). PM me if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

www.tagtag.com

take a look at it on your pc, listen to it and take down the reference number of the tone you want, go to the site on your phone, enter the number and download it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I tried the musicrobot link but I have an siemens Mc60 how would I get my tone onto it from the website?

Advertisement