Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info please

Options
  • 07-01-2004 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I did a job for a company late last year and before I collected on my invoice the company went into liquidation. I completed the form from the liquidators and waited to hear back from them but did not. When I rang them they told me that their accounts showed that I was paid! Now I heard last night that the chappie who owned the company has done a runner to the states!! Have I any recourse for the money I'm owed?? Isnt there usually a percentage agreed by the liquidators? 20cent in the euro etc?? All info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should ask the liquidator for evidence of payment. Was the company limited or not. You **might** get something, but nothing is guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

It was a limited company. I know the rules on limited liability but the angle I'm coming from here is that either the company didnt inform the liquidator about my bill (the accountant said she did) or they did and the liquidator left me out of the equation. I'd probably have got sod all (It was only about €2500) but anything at all is better than nothing! I didnt even get any of the equipment back that I supplied! They sold off all equipment at auction!! Even stuff that hadnt been paid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm, I wonder if your cheque disappeared into someone else's bank account - could be a case of fraud (don't go accusing yet).

You should add "products remain the property of pablo21 until paid for in full" or similar (this only really works with products not construction or services).

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

you know you could be onto something there. My invoice could have been marked as payed and a cheuqe written before liquidation was filed for so allowing said director to take the full amount. Thanks for your advice! I've got some investigating to do.......

Advertisement