Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Renewal Quote

Options
  • 07-01-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

For the first time since I started driving I think I can safely say that I am quite content with my insurance renewal quote.

I'm 27 , Male , 5 years NCB driving a Honda Accord 2.0 and have received a quote for TPF&T of just €889.

My fiance wants to start driving so I rang them up and asked about getting her added to the policy , the lady took all her details off me over the phone and told me that it wouldn't cost any extra to put her on the policy !! Shock or what ?
    She hasn't any experience , only a provisional since last June .

I don't know if they made a mistake or what but I'm keeping stum !!

I had hoped to change from Quinn this year as I believe other companies policies are better equipped i.e Breakdown assistance , Windscreen Cover , but as the lad says money talks !!

Any one in similar circumstances quoted/paying less or more ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I recently just switched to Hibernian I completed there ignition course and have 3 years NCB and no penalty points and my insurance was only 1200 TPFT and I get windcreen cover with that . Quinn Direct are a rip off , I am driving a Fiat Bravo 1.4 . Id say if you looked around you would get cheaper my girlfriend is also on that policy with no extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I've been trying insure.ie for the past 4-6 weeks and their quote has gone up since the new year to over €1000 . At first I liked what I saw but since I got the renewal I think I'm better off sticking with Quinn

I know you should shop around but to be honest I don't see me getting lower than that , I compare it to lads driving smaller cars and older than me and they're paying €600-700

Advertisement