Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pre-test for Rathgar Centre

Options
  • 07-01-2004 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi guys - I have a driving test coming up in a month in the Rathgar\Orwell Rd centre and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to get a pretest run through of the routes and general driving advice.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

how long you been waiting for that? cos I've applied there and am waiting... you get letter or anything?

get a lesson from one of the local bods, all they do is the routes - especially if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I was lucky - I popped a letter in with the application saying I needed the car for family reasons (which I do). I posted that in October and got a date over the Christmas for the start of February.

The normal waiting list according to the drivingtest.ie site is now up to 51 weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

I did my driving test in the Rathgar centre on the Orwell Road. I did it at the end of Aug. last year. I did four pre-tests in the Irish School of Motoring Ranelagh, one a week in the weeks leading up to the test. And then I did one final pre-test just before my real test. The lads in the Irish School of Motoring are excellent. They took me on all the test routes and gave me tons of great advice about doing my test in Rathgar. I passed my test with flying colours. I really believe it was down to the guys in ISM.
    I had a car accident about 3 weeks before my test(not my fault, another guy rear-ended me and my car was written off). I was very nervous then coming up to test as I had to use a car I wasn't used to.......but the ISM guys really helped me.
    Would deffo recommend them.

Best of luck in the test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by Smurphy
    I did my driving test in the Rathgar centre on the Orwell Road. I did it at the end of Aug. last year. I did four pre-tests in the Irish School of Motoring Ranelagh, one a week in the weeks leading up to the test. And then I did one final pre-test just before my real test. The lads in the Irish School of Motoring are excellent. They took me on all the test routes and gave me tons of great advice about doing my test in Rathgar. I passed my test with flying colours. I really believe it was down to the guys in ISM.
    I had a car accident about 3 weeks before my test(not my fault, another guy rear-ended me and my car was written off). I was very nervous then coming up to test as I had to use a car I wasn't used to.......but the ISM guys really helped me.
    Would deffo recommend them.

Best of luck in the test :)

Cheers Smurphy - that sounds perfect.

Advertisement