Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea - Liverpool predictions and yah-booing

• 07-01-2004 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Okee-doke who's gonna win in tonights big game?

Chelsea have hit a sticky patch of late and Liverpool are without Gerrard (and Owen proberly).

Place your bets...

Mike.

Who Will Win At The Bridge? 41 votes

Chelsea
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool
    53% 22 votes
    Draw
    46% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

No one in the right mind could say anything but a chelsea win especially with Liverpool being without there 2 most influencial players . Chelsea all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Liverpool are without Gerrard (and Owen proberly).

Chelski for the reason above. Hope I,m wrong but can't see a weakened livepool side that struggled against Yeovil cause them any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Looks like Owen will start on the bench, he passed a late fitness test and has travelled with the team.

Going by both teams present form and Liverpool's poor record at the bridge, you'd have to say the odds favour Chelsea unfortunately:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

if chelsea play very well and Liverpool are form - then Chelsea by 3 or 4

if both play well - chelsea win

if both off form then chelsea win

if chelsea off form and liverpool on form then draw or pool to scrape it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Chelsea to do what they do best - win 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I unfortunatly cant see Liverpool winning tonight. But Chelsea are going through a bit of a sticky patch.. I fear that if we play the way we did in the FA Cup and as of late Chelsea will stick 3 past us without to much hassle but being an optimist I will go for a draw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Well i get this sneaking feeling liverpool are going to pull it off
    and i hope to god im right
    although we are missing gerard we still have a pretty strong centre
    of the pitch with hamann and murphy and owen will have some part in the game
    so when he comes on he will be rearing to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

gonna go out on a limb and go for a Liverpool win

no method behind the madness just a feeling....oh Mr Paddy Power what are the odds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Heskey in form to bang a hatrick

3-0 Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Originally posted by bazH
    Heskey in form to bang a hatrick

3-0 Reds

you should have posted that in the humour forum it would have went down a treat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Liverpool have a really bad record over the past few years at Stamford Bridge ...

We've lost there when we've had a good team on the field, so Gerrard and Owen missing really won't help - a glorious one goal defeat perhaps (2-1), or if Chelsea are really dodgy a glorious one nil win from a Murphy free kick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

i'm thinking a draw but i hope it will be a win for Liverpool.

Prob... 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

3-1 to Chelsea

I mean look at the 2 squads for tonight!!!

Chelsea (from): Cudicini, Sullivan, Johnson, Melchiot, Desailly, Gallas, Huth, Bridge, Babayaro, Lampard, Makelele, Cole, Geremi, Gronkjaer, Mutu, Crespo, Hasselbaink.

Liverpool (from): Dudek, Henchoz, Hyypia, Biscan, Riise, Diouf, Murphy, Hamann, Smicer, Cheyrou, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Heskey, Owen, Kewell, Luzi, Traore, Otsemobor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

2-1 to Liverpool.

Bookies have liverpool at 4-1, good odds even if you are not a fan :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Chelsea 4 - 0 Liverpool

May look like a mad result but remember you heard it first here.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

4-0 my rocks come on the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Draw

4 - 0 to chelsea my ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well if Charlton can stick four past them I'm sure Liverpool can beat them too. No disrespect to Charlton or anything (they did beat us already this season) but we do have a chance.

Hopefully Ostemober will start at right back and give Wayne Bridge a run for his money. Also if Pongolle is to start, I think it would be wiser to play him with someone alongside as he ain't lone striker material. Although I can see GH packing the midfield and playing Heskey as the lone striker.

Time will tell.

YNWA

Considering Chelsea's poor aerial defensive displays recently I'd be surprised if Houlier doesn,t play Heskey.

Then again nothing would really surprise me about GH's selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think Chelsea will win it but i hope for a draw. (cant bring my self to hope for a liverpool win :p )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

I really think Liverpool will come through winners here, Chelsea look a bit off form which gives us a chance. One thing for sure, it'll be a good contest !

R-N-B

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Given Liverpool's poor luck in losing 2-1 to all of the big 3 in the first half of the season, i think they'll finally get some luck here. Draw or a win to the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Liverpool needs "tough love" right now. Even though I don't want it, I'd like for them to lose. Houllier must go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Chelski will win

Considering Liverpool are **** at the moment and withouy Gaerrard and Owen not playing there f**ked

I think Liverpool's biggest problem tonight will be in midfield and up front. We need to contain Lampard at all costs. He will do damage. Up front is a problem because of the lack of goal scorers. If I was picking the team I would have Diouf and Pongolle/Heskey up front. Play Murphy or Smicer on the right.

Thats my 2cent

Well heres the team GH has named:

Dudek,
    Biscan,
    Hyypia,
    Henchoz,
    Traore,
    Murphy,
    Hamann,
    Cheryou,
    Diouf,
    Kewell,
    Heskey.

Subs: Luzi, Owen, Le Tallec, Smicer, Riise

Cheryou better prove himself tonight.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I forgot to say I voted Draw whilst facing Mecca! :D

Mike.

Originally posted by jonno

Dudek,
    Biscan,
    Hyypia,
    Henchoz,
    Traore,
    Murphy,
    Hamann,
    Cheryou,
    Diouf,
    Kewell,
    Heskey.

Agh! Smicer should start left, with Riise at the back, no Ostemebor (sp) so Henchoz out of position.... :(

Mike.

I think Biscan will start right back because he has played there before and did better than Henchoz did. I reckon GH has Henchoz starting in the centre because along with Hyypia they are our best chance at closing down Mutu or Crespo with hard tackles. The defence looks very defence minded and I doubt much attacking will come from those wingbacks.

As for midfield I hope Cheryou is starting in the middle with Murphy on the left because Cheryou has failed on the left before. His best position is as an attacking midfielder.

Or maybe it's a five man midfield, won't know till it starts I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Dudek,
    Biscan,
    Hyypia,
    Henchoz,
    Traore,
    Murphy,
    Hamann,
    Cheryou,
    Diouf,
    Kewell,
    Heskey.

OMFG...

/me bangs head off the wall

what the feck are you doing to us GH?

/me bangs head off the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dudek,
    Biscan,
    Hyypia,
    Henchoz,
    Traore,
    Murphy,
    Hamann,
    Cheryou,
    Diouf,
    Kewell,
    Heskey.

Hope he puts out the same team against Villa on saturday.

People think Liverpool can get 4th with teams like that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

1-0 to liverpool yay. still dont rate cheyrou tho

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol, in the same minute, 1-0 to Pool by Cheyrou and 1-0 to Arse by Kanu.

Can any of you scousers tell me who's the stranger in the no 9 shirt.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I think he's done that so far anyway

Good goal did well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jesus it wasnt pretty, but a wins a win.
    And that second yellow card for Diouf was a joke.
    Mutu was unlucky to hit the cross bar near the end too.
    Great goal by Liverpool.
    Damn, I'm just happy Villa aren't ahead anymore. :D

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

I did'nt see the game only heard bits of it - sounded like Hamman had a good one.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Actually, forgot to say, I was impressed by Djimi for the first time.
    He really gave his all, and made some important blocks and tackles. He also didn't wet himself every time the ball came near him.
    He's still a donkey but after tonights performance he deserves the credit.

Well done liverpool, What was the ref doing sending Diouf off for that. The young keeper did well , Dudek will be a loss if he's out for long with kirkland injured. Never mind Great Result have to admit i couldn't see it earlier. Heskey had a goof game tonight IMO, he did great work for the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Indeed the second yellow was a joke, blame the assistant for that. He was waving like a mad thing.
    I did'nt see the game only heard bits of it - sounded like Hamman had a good one.

Dunno, i didnt even know he was on the pitch. Im tired tho and was wathing the ball more than the players/listening to commentry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

hamman wasnt that great and is certainly starting to show his age. everytime he got the ball he held it up for about 15 seconds and thast when there would only be one man to beat. he has no pace whatsoever. good win for liverpool and Heskey well thats the best he's played in a long long long long ................................................................................................. time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hamann had a steady game to be honest. He kept it simple and made few mistakes. Heskey ran the arse of himself again and his cross for the goal was brill. Cheyrou was so so but its good Cheyrou can finish that well after 6 months on the bench.

Mutu was unlucky with is header against the bar and Hypia'a challenege was certainly suspect. The simple fact of the matter is that Liverpool went out with a game plan - stiffle Chelsea and sneak a goal, and it worked. Chelsea had two shots on target!

The sending off was embarassing. Video refs anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Take a bow jonno - well predicted. Shame on ya stekelly.

Predictions Liverpool v Villa ?

Originally posted by rorook

Predictions Liverpool v Villa ?

2-1 to Villa obviously!

Mike.

Ah that was sweet. Maybe a tad nerve wracking for the second half but sweet all the same. Thought Hamann did what he does best, tackle and pass. Don't need much pace for that. As for Heskey, well he was brilliant and completely deserved the man of the match award. Traore was also effective as were the whole back four. I thought Cheryou played okay in the first half with a very well taken goal. And as for Mr. Luzi. Nice to know he's there if we need him although I would prefer Dudek back for the Villa game.

Oh and that sending off was a complete joke although I would like to see Diouf's dicipline improve alot :(

Only two points off fourth now after Charlton and Fulham messing up so I'd say the last game of the season against Newcastle will decide it.

As for Villa. Well maybe 2-0 to the Pool if Owen is back.

YNWA forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I love being wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

oh yes... great win!!

its too little too late though... i wish i was celebrating beating chelski 19 games ago!

2-0 to the pool v villa, but if we get beaten, the chelsea win doesnt mean a sh1te

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Nice win, though not convincing...
    Still, one more win with the game in hand and we should be in 4th place ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, but ye'll have to beat Wolves to get those points.....Do ya think the lads are men enough? ;)

GH is right when he says that the team spirit and the spirit in the dressing room is always good. They showed it tonight. We started the game at the start of season with Owen and Carragher in the line up. Two solid players that have been a loss over the past few months. And then they go out with Emile 'i don't score often' Heskey as a lone striker, with Traore at left back anda centre half at right back and win the game. Might not have been pretty or convincing but they showed the spirit and 'togetherness' that GH always raves about tonight throughout the whole match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement