Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan - reviews?

• 07-01-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Not sure if he's currently on tour yet but I was wondering if he is, and anyone here has been along, what's he like? I know some people hate his guts but I'd just like to hear from people that have been along to any recent shows. Planning on going along to Vicar St at the end of the month.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Absolutely Positively Class. I came out with a sore face from laughing so much when i went to vicar street in November. A must See. Hes the only one i know who can stand on stage and shout f uck off for 10 minutes, and the last one is still as funny as the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Friends of mine went to see it and they were still laughin bout it for a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

See him last year.. brillant..
    Tommy Tiernan is back again after his phenomenal run in Vicar St. of sell-out shows with new dates in January 2004. Don’t miss your chance to see “Cracked” the brand new show!

Read it here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh I'm going myself at the end of the month too. I know people who seen him before and he's supposed to be, and I quote, "animal"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Yeah i've seen him a few times. he's feckin brillant! you leave very weak from all the laughing! As long as your not easily offended by Anti-Religion jokes you'll love it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

saw him last year. hilarious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I think he's one of the best comedians doing the rounds at the moment. I've seen him live on more than one occasion myself, and was never dissapointed. I quote him on several occasions, as some of the stuff he comes out with is priceless.

Actually he doesn't live far from me in galway, and I've met him in the local supermarket a few times. My poor mother can't keep a straight face even when she looks at him. She says his expression is enough to send her in to hysterics.

So my advice is that if you haven't seen him before, go at least once, and then you'll be just like the rest of us (hopefully).

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

yeah i went to see him with my SO in november , we were right up in front of him in the front row and i was splitting my sides laughing , so so funny , i highly recommend to go and see him.........
    i agree with if ur religious and are offended by that dont go
    two ppl beside us didnt seem to be entertained at all ,but they were the only two in vicar st i think
    my two cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately I couldn't get seats together. All single places left. So we won't go. Sounds good though. Saw him down in Carlow RTC some years back when Murphy's were doing Cat Laughs.

Anyway, we've managed to get tickets for John Kenny next month. Probably not as good but still a bit of a laugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement