Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Servers..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

It truly breaks me fookin heart to do this but I have to agree with him, Vb like.

Like wtf happens if IGN does actually ditch us??? I'd like to hear from the likes of Cloud an Slosh an know if this is something which could actually happen in the near or not so near future. If so we need to arrange a back-up plan, an I might have a few idea's if it comes to that.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hi all -

Well I can't really see us closing the Tribes server being closed for the moment, basically it's the HL servers that are the resource hoggers, Tribes uses about 16 MB RAM unloaded whereas the HLDS are more like 25-30 MB each.

Now we can do a number of things...

TBH unless it's the bandwidth being hogged, I wouldn't imagine the QW/Q2 servers are causing any server lags as they are on a separate box to all the other servers (they are on the IRC linux box actually, our first IGN machine).

The Q3 servers are pretty much the only thing running on a dual PII 450 MHz with 128 MB RAM. We can shut down one of the servers and see how that helps by all means.

We can also try shutting down one each of the HL and UT servers and see how that helps. The HL box has two HL servers and the Tribes one (dual PII 450 MHz with 128 MB RAM). The UT box has two UT servers (single 350 MHz with 128 MB RAM).

I am rebooting ALL the IGN machines today to clear up any resources and see if that helps [12:45 PM, machines rebooted].

John / Cloud.
    Where do you want to go inniu?

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 24-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Outdone yourself once again Cloud.

If you ever need someone to carry your children - just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Seems that tribes.exe has gone missing sad.gif

I don't know did Windows just go beserk and delete it or is it a conspiracy from the pro-halflife crowd, and it's a pain to reinstall as the patch looks for an old exe to install over frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

thats good news right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

what are the stats of the new server?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Look sutcliffe, its better than your computer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

nnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

True smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

like i asked before..what is wireplay?

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

its a service run by bt (i think) for games alone they run some of the better game servers for games in england and are there for the gamers and not just like the heads here who think we are a hinderance.
    http://www.gameplay.com/wireplay/

in my silly opinion or knowledge.

]

[This message has been edited by DEATH (edited 26-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Actually, BT recently sold Wireplay for a healthy undisclosed sum to the online shop Gameplay. So nyaaaa cool.gif

Advertisement