Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAO DeVoreI got boards.ie related spam!

• 07-01-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Somone is crawling this board for spam addies! ;/

this is a copy of the email i recieved today.........

Sent : Wednesday, January 7, 2004 2:28 PM
    To : <*******@hotmail.com>
    Subject : Crutches (Pair).

| | | Inbox

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: from cilicia.pt.lu ([194.154.192.49]) by mc3-f22.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Wed, 7 Jan 2004 06:28:17 -0800
    Received: from PCIBM (pppoe61-luxdsl-201.pt.lu [213.166.61.201])by cilicia.pt.lu (8.11.6/8.11.6) with SMTP id i07ESDP24281for <******@hotmail.com>; Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:28:13 +0100
    X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHBBi2lMJOfmLLRxsD3Cdaw
    Message-ID: <04f001c3d52a$7c27ed40$2901a8c0@PCIBM>
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
    Return-Path: axel@vazap.com
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 07 Jan 2004 14:28:17.0671 (UTC) FILETIME=[7E0E3970:01C3D52A]
    Hello ,

You can improve your chances to sell your Crutches or anything else, posting a FREE AD !

Just log into vaZap.com

A New portal for FREE small private and professional advertisements on an International level !
    This multilingual site allows you to sell or look for products throughout Great Britain, Ireland, Luxembourg, France,
    Belgium, Germany, Portugal, Polland, Spain and more!

You can publish as many classified/languages you want and attach 4 pictures for free as well ;-)

Looking forward to finding your ad very soon on

http://www.vazap.com

Best Regards and HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Your vaZap.com Team

Axel

===================

PS Note: this is the ONLY site i have used to say im looking for crutches.

Just thought u shud be aware

B

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Did you post your e-mail address on the boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Thats the thing i dont understand.
    Its not in my profile and I really cant remember posting it, I have my silly moments but it dosent sound likely. (I could be wrong, my memory sux).

But as I said, the only place i have even mentioned crutches is here, i aint even mentioned it to anyone in real life yet.

I emailed him and he responded saying it was not spam (seems like a template mail to me, with the word crutches pasted in, and he said he had read my post here and was just sending me somwhere else to advertise, thought i was SELLLING?,..... besides, its HIS email addy relating to HIS website, and is unsolicited, spam in the rest of the worlds book if not his own imho?

B

Well, you appear to have posted the address on here for example ...

Or you had, before you edited it.

just checked my posts,..... nope, not posted it.
    Above it was a accident, only lasted till i edited.
    B

• Advertisement

A quick search shows three posts with your e-mail address in them. Mightn't be a good idea if you don't want to get spammed. If there's anything reasonable we can do to stop people using the boards for spam purposes, we will, but there isn't a lot we can do about this sort of thing I'm afraid.

Dont get me wrong Eck, im not *blaming* boards.ie, I just figured u shud know is all.

Can u PM me where those posts are? when I search for the addie it comes up no matches.

B

Advertisement