Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the free security package IOL?

• 07-01-2004 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

HAs anyone got it yet? I've called a few times about it (Oh, I see you've called already), and have gotten things like 'we haven't got them yet' or 'they seem to be sent out in batches'.
    I signed up for IOL over UTV 'cos of the €70 worth package, but have not gotten my promised freebie :mad:
    <edit>Today's call: We only got them in this week so you should have it next week'

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I got connected with IOLBB 18th Dec. Received the modem and Norton Internet Security 2004. Ring them up again and say that you know for a fact people have received it. Maybe they ran out of stock or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Yeah,
    I also got mine included with the modem, OEM...just the CD came in a plastic case, arrived 9th of December so they have deffo been sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

I got the pack on 24th December - including Norton Internet Security CD. It sounds like they haven't done the backlog yet - a friend of mine signed up in November and he has not received his CD yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fcukme

I got connected early dec and have made 2 calls about the security package and i've been told twice they were been put in the post that day. Never arrived!! I must ring again 2moro. One thing i've learnt with iol and esat in general is that you have to ask for forms and other stuff a load of times and then they send you loads of them. I signed up for advantage on the phone line when it came out over a month ago and there still sending me forms asking if i am interested. anyway keep asking and you will get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

i got connected back in sept but i still want the free stuff you know ;) i rang them 3 times already and they keep saying they are sending them all out this week. i will them till friday then iam back on the blower to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Received my package today from IOL which included the Norton software. Also received a USB/Ethernet modem.

What do you mean USB/Ethernet modem?

Their modem doesn't do ethernet so I bought myself one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

They have changed the modem to a 623R-T1 which has USB & ethernet connections.

Doh!

A month after I sign up they start providing a decent modem! But I wonder would it work with my Linksys WRT54G router?

Advertisement