Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Options
  • 07-01-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Just heard that they've been confirmed for an Irish date on February 16th!

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB at The Ambassador Theatre, Dublin.
    February 16th '04.
    Tickets €30 (inc. booking fee) go on sale this Friday, January 9th from Road, Soundcellar and usual outlets nationwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

30 Eurolets, Meeps! Not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I got free tickets for the gig in New Zealand which were worth about 12.50 euro.

But jaysus they were worth. They were really great solid rock.

Definatly worth the 30 blips over back in the mother land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Yeah they are a great band...

And if I wasn't so very poor i'd probably pay €30 for tickets. But I am.:(

...I need a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

They're not high enough profile to warrant paying €30, tickmaster has everyone by the balls, €16.50 would be a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

£16 Sterling for the Uk gigs @1.45 = Euro 23.20
    £17.60 sterling for London @1.45 = Euro 25.52

yes they are ripping us off as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ticket prices are decided by promoters folks. Not Ticketmaster. They make their money from the ridiculous service charge they charge for every ticket.

Jaysus, sure MCD get away with murder round these parts, ticketmaster are blamed for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yes, I was suprised at this high price of €30: not good, and only two albums under their belt. If The Cooper Temple Clause remains support for the Irish dates, I may go, but I'll still feel shortchanged.

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Yes, I was suprised at this high price of €30: not good, and only two albums under their belt. If The Cooper Temple Clause remains support for the Irish dates, I may go, but I'll still feel shortchanged.

From BRMC e-mail newsletter...

The Cooper Temple Clause will not be supporting at these shows. Support will be announced shortly.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    They make their money from the ridiculous service charge they charge for every ticket.

Ticketmaster provide a service (i.e providing tickets for sale on the telephone or over the net) so are entitled to charge for that service. I do not object to paying for that if it means i dont have to get out of bed in the pissing rain at 9am and queueing outside a a retail outlet for a ticket.

However, paying this service charge if you do not have an alternative way of purchasing the tickets(i.e. you don not wish to avail of their service) is a rip off. The promoter presumably pays ticketmaster for use of their service too, so they are making a killing both ways (or maybe i'm wrong about this).

Also this crap of paying a service charge PER ticket is a total rip off. There should be one service charge whether your buying 1 or 100 tickets ! I bought 6 Bowie tiekts last year and the service charges amounted to 30 fecking Euro !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 anya

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby
    The promoter presumably pays ticketmaster for use of their service too, so they are making a killing both ways (or maybe i'm wrong about this).

No, you're right, Ticketmaster charge the promotor too.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by anya
    No, you're right, Ticketmaster charge the promotor too.

Point taken. But so do the company providing security on the night. Should we blame them for the ticket price?

Ticket price is set by the promoter to cover all his/her costs, and to make a few € profit. There is the cause of €30 for a BRMC ticket, not ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Jesus, 30 lids for BRMC is ridiculous. They only have 2 albums. Admittedly, I've seen them about 4 times at this stage, and verily they do rock, but no way are they worth that amount of money.

I think it's time we organised a boycott of MCD events.

especially when the rapture gig is only 16 euro, and they're far better IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by therecklessone
    From BRMC e-mail newsletter...
    The Cooper Temple Clause will not be supporting at these shows. Support will be announced shortly.

Ah nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just found that out too. Coopers and BRMC for 30 yoyos would be nearly worth 30 yoyos, but Coopers and some totally ridiculous irish band that needs 'a break' that will play for nothing, which we will probably get is not a good deal.

Voting with my feet. Someone tell MCD/ticketbastard we are not stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby
    Ticketmaster provide a service (i.e providing tickets for sale on the telephone or over the net) so are entitled to charge for that service. I do not object to paying for that if it means i dont have to get out of bed in the pissing rain at 9am and queueing outside a a retail outlet for a ticket. ]

The thing is, the didnt used to charge a service charge, plus there is an additional charge for the website, which saves them so much more money cause they dont have to rent space to have ticket stalls, hence the on in HMV is gone.

Their operation costs are reducing and the amount of gigs is increasing. Plus if you include a 12.5% service charge for tickets that seem to ever be increasing, for them doing nothing new the tickets prices are going up!!!

They should stop hiding the hidden charges, its ridculous.

Advertisement