Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB login probs

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Originally posted by RainyDay
    Are others still seeing the original password/login problem? [/B]

No I have logged in around 20 times in the last 2 days and have not had any problems once :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Rayna Eager Bubble,

Exactly the same issue happened me also. Same time, same issues.
    I was hosting a MP game of Age of Mythology at the time so wasnt too popular !

I am going to ask for a credit of 3 days on my IOL BB a/c under the loss of service banner.

I am in Cork, where are you Rayna Eager Bubble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

d15 also - downloaded a redhat ISO from an ESAT Ftp from about 5pm and finished downloading at 8.45pm - was on xbox live after that until 10. bit more surfing till 10.30 - no problems....download rate was excellent at 52.6k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I am currently experiency log in problems. I'm in Huntstown (Blanchardstown exchange). It started about 1 hour ago at 2.30pm and I still can't log on.

Man I forgot how crap dial-up was.

I've had the log on problem before but usually it works after one redial. Now it won't work at all.

EDIT: Working again. It's one temperamental son of a ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Had the login in prob for a while now but just decided to ring iol today, first i was on hold for 25 min and then some guy had the cheek to say "this prob has only be happening for the last 3 weeeks" and i was like this is bull i have had this prob for ages and iam not the only the one, he said that the engineers done the work yesterday and it should not be happening, but it was happening as we were talking.
    think i will be looking else where after my contract is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah, I've had the problem since before Christmas.

I noticed that it seemed to disappear over the last 2 days or so. But then it came back worse than ever today.

I couldn't be bothered waiting 25mins for a response. I think I'll be looking elsewhere too for a better option. But IOLBB still is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I was unable to get in around lunchtime today (though I had no problems earlier this morning). IOLBB called me this afternoon to say that original problem was due to a blown card on an Eircom server, but the problem around lunchtime was an unrelated temporary problem. Sure enough, I'm able to get back in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well, im on the Nutley exchange and my line keeps desyncing every 15 minutes or so. So annoying. Anyone else in a similar position as us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

not having any problems loging in but surfing in general appears to be slower than my old dial-up conection, d/l's in kazza lite or soulseek average about 1-2kb/sec!!!! shouldn't it be round the 50 mark (at it's best)? same with my curent d/l now 2.1kb/sec!!!!

as someone mentioned above i think we are entitled to some sort of refund, we're payin for broadband speeds not dial-up speeds.

hope iol reads the treads on this board and does something about it!

jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

The guy I was onto about the login problem called me back Thursday to ask if my service was back to normal. He also said it seems that the original 691 error was cleared up in the process - which does indeed seem to be the case.

So what about this refund for lack of service? How long exactly did it go on (or rather, not go on) for?

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamesf

Hi all,
    This login prob seems to be happening again for me, as of last Wed Afternoon.
    Since then I've have numberous Login failures due to authentication .
    I am using a Netgear DG834G in an always connected mode.
    All was fine from the 7-Feb to when IOL said it was fixed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Log of failures:
    Wed, 2004-02-11 17:07:27 - CHAP authentication failed
    Wed, 2004-02-11 20:08:23 - CHAP authentication failed
    Wed, 2004-02-11 22:27:13 - CHAP authentication failed
    Thu, 2004-02-12 10:21:54 - CHAP authentication failed
    Thu, 2004-02-12 21:12:44 - CHAP authentication failed
    Thu, 2004-02-12 22:17:08 - CHAP authentication failed
    Fri, 2004-02-13 01:39:07 - CHAP authentication failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I was having problems last night/early this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Anyone else having connection/login problems last night & today? My connections have been intermittent - getting authentication failures regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yeah, had an authentication time out error a few times lately. I was advised to make log of problems if I needed to contact tech support.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Problem back for me too. Watch as the network goes to pot like last time. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

apparently there was an issue with the priory prk exchange, all seems good now, (touch wood) :)

Advertisement