Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN down?

Options
  • 26-02-2000 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Well, it appears that everything associated with IGN, apart from these boards is down? Ie, all the game servers, irc.quake.ie, the IRC bots, IGN websites, etc, all down frown.gif

I've heard rumours in #quake.ie about a possible power cut causing the outage - but shouldn't somplace like Eircom have backup generators etc? I've also heard more sinister rumours from Bubbles wink.gif - about Vishnu's replacement pulling the plug on IGN... eek.gif

Would someone like to shed some light?

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

stephen, i've no idea why the servers are down. just wanted to ask ya a q's, how do you do the smiley face with the eyes that increase in size

thanx

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just type the following:

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Uh oh.
    Im worried.
    Seriously.
    Maybe they decided to do a little maintenance on all the ign server computers?
    Dint slosh say something about a new server in an earlier thread?
    I hope this is so.
    We as a community probably dont say it often enough but we really appreciate the service we receive for free. I would feel a great loss if it was all taken away.

One ring to rule them all, One ring to to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Yes... but Slosh was in #quake.ie at the time - and he didn't appear to know what had happened until everyone pounced on him and started begging for their IGN stuff back smile.gif

Ummmmm. ERK! UH OH! Im going to have to get a life???
    Oh well. Heres one I made earlier *me produces pic of me with females*

Seriously though, its a tad unusual that they would just up and leace like that without a word. Lets hope its a glitch.

Also pounce on slosh is prolly the wrong adjective. It makes it seem like ye blame him. Perhaps you meant "queried" smile.gifhehe

One ring to rule them all, One ring to to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

• Advertisement

Yes, I think "queried" would be a better term for it smile.gif

G'man smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Erk again cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Stephen - bold !
    What sinister rumours ? I just pointed out that a post saying that good auld vishnu left, next day the servers where gone. I said it could be anything including that !
    Those eircom folk are a strange bunch of people :P

Think i'll include my disclaimer here....

smile.gif

Copyright Notice

This article is Copyright © bubbles 2000. Additionally, the contents including links and on-line images, are protected by the Copyright Laws of bubbles. All rights are reserved.

When you read this post you agree that:
    a) You may read bubbles posts for information only.
    b) You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about bubbles posts. However, you may not make any charge for such use and any commercial exploitation is expressly prohibited.
    c) You must include the copyright notice in any copy that you make.
    d) You may not modify the information found in bubbles post without the express permission of bubbles.

Disclaimer:
    Bubbles makes no representations about the content and suitability of this information for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
    Bubbles disclaims all warranties with regard to this information, including all implied warranties or merchantability and fitness. In no event shall bubbles be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, rising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information contained in bubbles posts.

Advertisment
    Please visit the save the bubbles foundation @ http://www.triberspace.com All donations go to a worthy cause.
    Make a donation today and receive a free pencil

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 26-02-2000).]

Those Eircom folk are a TIGHT bunch of people smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Seems that a JCB took out a few power lines... Unfortunately the IRC server will not return when the power does so please connect to irc.b0rk.co.uk or irc.barrysworld.com.

Just as well we moved the boards on Friday eek.gif

John.
    --

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 27-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

did 'they' close IRC anyway or wha?

Is the end of the world nigh cloud ?

Whats the jackanory with the game servers?

Vaggabond

Eat Electric Death www.electricdeath.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

ngh Hurry and bring back the servers tongue.gif

I am experiencing TFC withdrawal symptoms wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yaaa, found the boards again. Even the smileys are happy.

smileysex5.gif

LOL, nice gif smile.gif

Advertisement