Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text messages via bluetooth?

• 07-01-2004 8:46pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, been in a few places and have decieded to do a search to see what other bluetooth people are around me in pubs/busses.
    I have a 3650, now when I try to connect to someone else it asks for a password. think they have to enter the same to make a connection, this seems normal. but the other people don't know its me,
    But I can send them businness cards with funny names. they don't know who they're from because i have my fone name set to "unknown" but i don't think business cards say who they're from anyways,
    But when I go into "creat message" I can only send, txt, multimedia message or email.
    anyone know a way i can send them a form of txt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Create a note and send it via BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Great phone yeah lenny?

Id say theres an app that will do it for you, Ill have a look.

In the mean time, Heres a great site for general symbian software:Aivanet Symbian

"Mate Finder is a freeware Bluetooth chat application. You can use it to chat with other Series 60 devices. This nice program has many great features."

http://www.symbianphone.com/download/MateFinder.SIS

Installing to phone atm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

So installing that software on the fone means i can send mesages up to 60 chars to 6310 phones?

The Corinthian i tried that, can't send notes to a 6310...

I personaly think the 3650 is a deadly fone!

That site, see losta things on it. they all for the 3650?

So installing that software on the fone means i can send mesages up to 60 chars to 6310 phones?

You can send them to another phone with the software installed, it has to be a symbian series 60 phone. 7650,3650,3660,6600, ngage etc.
    Dont know much about the 6310...

Anything under "Series 60 symbian" will work with the 3650.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I get yea know,
    I am trying to get a mate to buy a 3650 aswell, cause BT can be handy and its a good quality pictures on it
    thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Lenny
    That site, see losta things on it. they all for the 3650?

check out my-symbian.com, it has one of the widest catalogue of apps and they also tend to do a good intro on what the app does with screen shots etc... Series 60 section

Handango is the main repository and online sales site for mobile devices with a Symbian specific section

you may have to watch for 6600 specific apps in the future, as it is based on a differnet version of the Symbain OS to the reast of the current Series 60 handsets - but they should be marked as such

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 captain_kav

if u can find sum1 whos sellin a 3650, maybe ur mate would buy it, lenny!

i'd rather the 3660 for txt msgs though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I Bluejack people on BT all the time. Ha ha

What do you send them?
    just business contacts?

• Advertisement

yeah, and pictures, and maybe ringtones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Warez are not allowed. stereo_steve banned for one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bluetooth notes can crash some 7650s with crappy firmware :)

Who is banned for one week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Bluejacking is a hoot. The weird thing is that I did a search in Google and it asked me did I mean barebacking ? WTF ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

You guys should get the best Bluetooth phone on the market... SONY ERICSSON

T610. Highly recommend it. I'll post a few of my Bluejacking stories later. :ninja:

Advertisement