Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi-Professional teams?

Options
  • 07-01-2004 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Started a game with Catanzaro in the Italian Serie C1/B, they have some excellent players in their squad and I'm currently kicking ass. So baring some sort of plane accident I should go up this season. Catanzaro are a Semi-Professional team.

I remember in one of the older CM's taking on a Semi-pro side and it becoming a real problem later on, money and wages was always restricted and they never seemed to want to go fully pro. In CM 03/04 will a team change status if they are doing well or will I be stuck with semi-pro team regardless of what division I'm playing in?

What other penalties will running a Semi-Professional team bring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by The FANJ
    So baring some sort of plane accident I should go up this season.

THEY CAN DO THAT??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by The FANJ

What other penalties will running a Semi-Professional team bring?

Not many I don't think. One advantage of Amateur teams is that they don't train during the summer, therefore you don't pay wages during the summer!

Apart from that I think being a semi-pro team means that you don't have as much money in the bank as other pro teams in your league, your wage budget is limited, your players are more likely to sign for professional teams when their contracts become unprotected, and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by DRakE
    THEY CAN DO THAT??????????

I don't think so, but it would be kinda cool if there was a one in a million chance of losing your entire squad while travelling to a europian cup game.

Does anybody know if my team will change to pro later in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It should do once you reach Serie B,
    regarding the plane crash thing, I think sometimes (in CM01/02 anyway) they had people going for Chemo for 11/12 months, but they drew the line at anyone dieing.
    You can also get a bout of flu' through your team which will mean 7-10 players out for a week or more.

Imagine you'd spent hours and hours building a good team, then all of a sudden you get a message saying you all died in a plane crash,
    "New Game?" "Exit Game?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Imagine you'd spent hours and hours building a good team, then all of a sudden you get a message saying you all died in a plane crash,
    "New Game?" "Exit Game?"

Yeah but also consider you would be in charge of a big club with a big reputation and you would get a great big lump from your insurance company to rebuild the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

he said you all died in a plane crash that includes the manager( you ) so u wouldnt be spending any of the money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by lafortezza

"New Game?" "Exit Game?"

That would probably be one of the most surreal things to ever happen in a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Don't know about a plane crash and you and the team al ending up dead but, some players can die. In one of the games i was playing my best stricker died in a car crash! I was like what the hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Iceman_5000
    Don't know about a plane crash and you and the team al ending up dead but, some players can die. In one of the games i was playing my best stricker died in a car crash! I was like what the hell!
    :D awh you got to laugh at that.

Advertisement