Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy

Options
  • 02-11-2003 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Did anybody else play any of the Final Fantasy series?
    IMO Final Fantasy 7 was the bestest!
    it was a classic.... *sniff*

And i heard Squaresoft might be making a second Final Fantasy 7 prob? and mebbe a film outa vit?

Well, anybody else play the games?
    post your opinions (Y)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I played FF7

one of the LONGEST games ive ever played tho thoroughly enjoyed playing it the end game boss took me an entire weekend to beat!!! a very solid game i have to say i never played 8 or 9 (or any of the others)

didnt hear anything about a FF7 movie??!!! would be a good idea
    though they did,

But they did make that Final fantasy CGI movie which i really enjoyed very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Did you get an uncontrolable urge to start hugging tree's after watching it ?

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Did you get an uncontrolable urge to start hugging tree's after watching it ?

LOL :) so it wasnt just me then was it!

i was right the movie has subliminal messages from greenpeace you herd it here first folks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lightoor

Yep, pld FF7, only one of the FF7 FULL GAME series i played, saying that i played the FF8 demo.
    It wasn't near as good as it

I did how ever only get to the end of the first disk on ff7 :/

I didnt have enough xp to fight the clock keeper type boss.

and since my psx is gone, i'd have to start again.

The game is seriously long to play

Its said to have over 120 hrs of play, and thats if u know where stuff is exactly.

I spent around 60 hrs on it, about 4 of which trying to beat that b4$t4rd of a boss.
    Im gonna buy FFX soon tho, just bought a ps2.

Was also concidering buying FFXI, the mmorpg, which has ALLOT of stuff from all of them put together, including nice locations, different Chocobo ways of getting from a to b, and nice fight methods.

Also, there will be a challenge someone fight, ie - pvp in parts.

I can imagine the buying and selling of weapons tho!

and alike DAOC, it could be very big in the sence that you build a character to such a degree to get such a good weapon, and someone pays you actual money for the weapon.

It's been done with DAOC characters !

Clothes etc, afaik, are/will be customisable for all ye fashion fr33kz :P

- Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

U gotta love final fantasy 7, if they do make a second one though i hope they do it in the old style of final fantasy 7 , it gave a great atmosphere.:ninja:

• Advertisement

I dont think they'll ever make a sequal to FF7 as much as i want them to i doubt the will

squaresoft will prolly keep making the FF games but with new charachters and locations in the new FF games to be released
    i dont think we'll see squall return anytime soon as to my knowledge (i could be wrong of course) i cant recall any of the other games on the nintendo with continuing story lines??

but i'll keep the fingers crossed just the rest of everyone else here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

OMG, i hated Squall SO much, he was a pr1ck, lol..
    seriously...... GAH!
    cloud owned
    and his big butcher sword! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Have played 7, 8 and 9 would get the others but im an X-box owner so :(

And yup Squall was an @sshole :)

sorry i had to edit the posts guys but we have to watch the language n all that (being a mod n all) hope you dont mind.

Thanks
    your friendly neighbourhood AL][EN

was it FF7 was it cloud or squall that was the hero?? i cant remember its been that long since i played the game?

i got my hero's mixed up the one with the kick @ss sword was pretty cool.

• Advertisement

oops sry didnt realise i used that much language

Guess spending 4 hours coding tends to pis.........sry annoy me :)

Cloud was FF7. He was the one witht the kick @ss sword

Although.....Technically Squall also had a sword or rather a gunblade, ie a gun within a sword but hey....who wants to be technical :)

sorry AL][EN
    but squall made me so mad
    *goes red in the face*
    ........ i need to sit down

aaahhh guys no need to be sorry i dont mind one bit :)
    its a "heated debate" thats all its all part and parcel of posting on boards.

the RPG form is an easy going form everyone here is really friendly here and nobody acts the muppet everyone here is serious about rpg'ing so its cool

again its no big deal the forms about enjoying yourself so im not going to be strict with rules or anything since im the newbie mod :)

aaahhh squall yea the bunblade thats it now i remember!! i havent played FF8 9 or 10 yet but once i finish FF7 i'll start on the rest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

ff7 is best by far storyline is jus great and sooo adictable
    graphics r cool in it aswell
    9 was very good i thought v enjoyable
    8 sucked tbh :S
    10 is pretty good stil havto finish it
    aint got into 6 much but storyline seems good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

hey there, yeah i've played pretty much all of the final fantasys and my favourite without doubt is 7 (there's no movie of FF7 coming, i wish there was but somehow after the spirits within being a box office turkey i just can't see it happening)... 8 was classy too!... i wasn't impressed with 9, the story just didn't seem to gel.. ah well. what do you guys reckon of the impending final fantasy online for PS2?

meh, i kinda gave up after IX, even though X looks really good and they are sposed to be bringing out a second part of X, called X:Part 2 or something like that i FINK!
    actually, i basically dont play game consoles anymore really
    PC owns!:ninja:

Isnt the next FF gonna be released on PC?

I think its cause its online and theres a much bigger PC online market

I could be wrong though

it would make more sense Squall i think i herd something like that myself too, there's more of a market for the FF games on PC with better graphics and more and more people are buying (or building) PC's that beat the pants off any console around atm.

/me drools at the idea of a multiplayer version of FF :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I played 6(never finished it)7,8,9,10. IMO 7 was by far the best cause of the story line. 8 had good graphics at the time but a crap story. 9 was too disney. 10 was just weird. and 6 was too super nintendoey. I played the first 1-5, but they're more like the pokemon games than the other final fantasys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Naar

Too Super-Nintendo-y? You philistine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There were actually plans for a FF7-2 in the same vein of 10-2 thats coming out in feb 2004. Problem is "spirits within" did so badly at the box office that square had to shelve a stack of projects. recently tho theres been a few pics floating about of a FF7 cgi movie of sorts. Probably not for cinema release but looks interesting none the less.

*crosses fingers for a movie*
    wonder what the voices be like?.........

anywho, that pic looks pretty kewl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm a fan of the FF series also looking into importing FF XI which is out on the pc in the states at the moment. its coming out on playstation on the states spring next year i think. no release date has been confirmed in europe.

final fantasy crystal chronicles is coming out on the cube next year also don't know much about it and theres a FF game on the game boy advance out now tactics i think its called.

FF X-2 is also coming out which features some of the girls from FF X, yuna and yukki (or whatever she was called) heard its more of a mission based game but don't know too much about it either.

i really enjoyed 7 also did pretty much everything there is to do with it, never did as much with 8 or 9 though, got 10 off santa last year though and put a good bit of time into it.

i have a tendency to buy the game guides though and can't resist looking at them so i've resolved not to do it for the next one.

data

Originally posted by quank
    *crosses fingers for a movie*
    wonder what the voices be like?.........
    well the voice acting for FF10 was excellent so if it comes near to that kind of quality then id be very happy indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

personally,I hope they dont release an FF7-2... The entire concept of FF7 was flawless, everything to do with FF7 is pretty much,a harmony. A sequel could kill it. Games like this should end, and stay that way.

Theres a movie clip of FF7-2 floating around, I got sent it by a friend...actually does look very nice in terms of action. One thing that confuses me though is that sephiroth was alive and kicking in it...he also seemed rather girly too. His eyes/lips are very feminine, as is his pose,and short hair... (and yes,it is him,the end of it shows him looking back on the past,and you see the nibelheim scene where sephiroth walks through the flames)

more pics here, although FF7-2 and the cgi movie seem to be getting more confused as we speak...

http://groups.msn.com/ss2kakarotspics/finalfantasy72.msnw

update: seems the cgi movie is being touted as a DVD extra that will come with the FF7-2 game....

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

well ina way im lookin forward to it jus to c wat it b like and all but im afraid they might ruin it completly :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Tellox
    One thing that confuses me though is that sephiroth was alive and kicking in it...
    That's not sephiroth...or so says most people on the net. His weapon is different from sephiroth's in any case which you get to see in that walking into the flames scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Have played Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10. Loved every single minute of it. Looking back though I have to say that my favourite is either Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 10. I must be the only one on boards who likes poor auld Squall. His gunblade kicked ass. Anyway, have to admit the first time I played it I didn't like it much cause I ruined some parts by using a guide, and this disattisfied me to it. Replayed it a year or so later, and loved it.

Final Fantasy 9 was a bit to childish to be honest, even the conflict between Zidane and Adelbert never really seemed serious, or like it was gonna go anywhere. I still enjoyed the game and there were some brilliant scenes, but it just wasn't the best.

Final Fantasy 10 really pulled me in, i've logged over 200 hrs of play on my one play of it so far, trying to max out stats and defeat the dark aeons, which I must get back to, someday. The story was mesmerizing, the audio of the whole game class, and the control/fighting system brilliant.

Final Fantasy 7-2 is a CGI movie entitled Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, and seems to involve Sephiroth clones, which would explain the slight variations in the new Sephiroth look. Personally I can't wait to see it, and unlike most people I know, I very much enjoyed the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie. Sure it suprsised me in that it didn't have summons, magic, swords or any of that kinda thing in it, but I still thought it was a good movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've also kinda ruined some of the games with guides i've refused to buy it for FF XI when i get it :).

Advertisement