Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

As far as using guides goes now, I don't use them until the point where i've completed the story part of the story and i'm only upgrading my character and doin all the secrets and sidequests. Even then, I only use it when i've done all I can by myself. I'll never use one again and risk ruining a great story on meself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

As poor as 9 may have been (tho I loved it!!) Vivi was the man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i didn't think 9 was that poor now i have to say. i prefared it to 8 and yeah vivi was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

FF7-2 advent children

it has no european/american release date and probably wont be for a long time, also its straight to dvd in japan, rumor mill has its out for christmas.

ive seen the official release preview, showed at the tokyo comic convention. Sephiroth the original is alive, but hes totally ****ed up and in a wheelchair and covered in robes, apparently he created the sephiroth clones to either A) kill cloud or B) repair the damage he did, cos there was a lot of talk of repenting.

anyway the trailer is animal and you should get your hands on it, full one is near 200mb.

The trailer is really cool, saw it bout a month back. The action sequence's look especially promising, best bit i've seen so far is where Cloud is goin along on a motorbike, and one of the Sephiroth clones shoots out some magic at him. It propels Cloud and the bike into the air, Cloud draws his sword, and as he passes Sephiroth's clone, the two take a swing at each other. IN MID AIR, ON MOTORBIKES!!!!! :D :cool: ww)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

V was the best of the bunch, cool story and class levelling system.
    VII next, then IX, then X, then VI, then IV, and lastly VIII.

Final fantasy XI Online? I've played it, it's terrible, in comparison to games like DAoC and Anarchy Online it's just awful.

lol i hope i'm not disappointed by santa on xmas morning i put in an order for it yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'm one of the biggest fans of FF7 and even though it looks cool to see Cloud & co with a classy digital makeover i think i preferred the ambiguous ending of the game i saw those many years ago with RED VIII and his pups.. i took the ending of the game to mean that the lifestream eliminates anything dangerous to earth i.e meteor.. but the humans were also damaging the earth by harvesting mako. I interpreted the big flash at the end of the game where you see Aeris's face to mean that all the humans died ( hence why RED VIII and his pups are on their own looking at the ruins of MIdgar 500 years i the future) and that Cloud and Aeris were finally reunited (the stars at the end of the game - remember Aeris said earlier in the story that her and cloud had a star each - being together forever blaah blah). It's a shame really, it was the best ending to a game i've EVER seen and i think this movie is cash in.... i still wanna see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Cina
    Final fantasy XI Online? I've played it, it's terrible, in comparison to games like DAoC and Anarchy Online it's just awful.
    How is it terrible compared to DAoC and Anarchy Online? Don't need a detailed description, just wondering what's so bad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Come on people, FFX was almost the perfect rpg. I loved 7, but it just wasn't as good, even though i did hate tidus, and actually liked cloud..........but thats not the point i'm making. FFX had an excellent storyline, the character developement was perfect, and it had one of the most misunderstood characters ever-Jecht, does nobody see how cool he was. Sure i hated most of the characters in the game, but they were perfect for their roles. It was almost in par with nintendo's best games for atention to detail. It had probably the most fitting soundtrack to a game. And the love story didn't drag on like 8 or 9-but i would like to see a FF game without a love story. Not only that but it made some interesting statements about religion. But these are just my opinions, and i'm sure people dont always agree.

i'm gonna stop typing now.......

• Advertisement

I thought some of the religious statements in it were cool to. Especially about how the religion's there started. But I have to say, i'd prefer to see a FF game with a proper love story. Not just one where we know they like each other, but nothings done about it. Until right at the end, or really near the end. Where say there's a wedding as part of the story, but it's not brushed of as comedy. This is prolly just me though. :rolleyes: Meh.

And yes I am male.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

tbh i cant give an honest opinion on it as i rented it from our local video shop a while ago played it into the wee hours of the morning but again with these games you need several days worth of playing before you can tell what the game is like. i'll have to buy it and see what its like to play,

By the way off topic slightly maybe one of you guys can tell me which game is the longest of all the FF series??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

depends if you want to do EVERYTHING in the game, or if you want to finish the storyline.....

all i remember is that it takes well over 100 hours to do everything in FF7, probably the same with the later ones

yeah theres enough to keep you going in all the FF games for ages i would say all the little side quest and character building just so you can try to defeat some big ass bad guy who is more difficult to defeat then the end boss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Originally posted by AL][EN
    I played FF7

one of the LONGEST games ive ever played tho thoroughly enjoyed playing it the end game boss took me an entire weekend to beat!!! a very solid game i have to say i never played 8 or 9 (or any of the others)

didnt hear anything about a FF7 movie??!!! would be a good idea
    though they did,

But they did make that Final fantasy CGI movie which i really enjoyed very much.

Look here for link to download the videoclip {15MB}worth watching but u need to register with em to download it..enjoy.FF: Advent Children Trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

Previous link doesnt seem to be working so try this one http://www.fffusion.com/videos/index.asp , a couple of heads in bobing up and down but otherwise alright.

The graphics dont seem that great to me but Im very nostalgic about FF7 and am still convinced its still the best game Ive ever played.

As far as I know they are realising a FF7-2 at about the same time as the film and possibly remaking FF7 with an upgraded graphics engine to go with it but its all rumours atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

k played all quiet good.

7 is probably the best but 10 had a class way of levelingup really enjoyed that.
    as for 7 yes there is a sequel but its in the form of a film (its ok i didnt understand it either) http://www.squaresoft.com think its there somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Being an avid FF fan i can heartily agree that FF7 was pretty much perfect(at the time), the materia was such a better concept than the draw method of ff8 mainly bcos you didnt want to lower your stats by casting a much need spell in the heat of battle :/ Although ff8 started off very strongly with the whole seed test in the boat and the excellent fmv with the spider robot thing, i can savely say i prefered ff7's storyline.

FF9 was damn good, although, yes maybe a bit childish and the ending sequence was poor in comparison to ff7.

I havent played FF online mmorpg yet, but i fear went it finally gets here world of warcraft will better it on so many levels, basically it looks awesome: check it out

Anyone know where i can get FF 8, 9 and 10 on the cheap/discount prices

Just finished 7 AGAIN for the 3rd time man what a game, my fav RPG (with the acception of the shining force games on the megadrive that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I played the pc version of FF7 recently with AA, its heavenly to see all those jaggies gone! Pity the psx couldn't do AA....unfortunatly there's issues with my graphics card (GeForce3 Ti 200) with FF7 PC version so although i can run AA, the screen is all messed up. New card around May/June 2004 should hopefully fix it for me. Then I'll probably play through it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

FFX went platinum ages ago, so you should be able to pick it up in most shops.
    You're looking at something between €28 and €33.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

FFX-2 OUT SOON! \o/ \o/

just thought everyone would like to hear that

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

not out over here, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

not till 1 - 4 months

i heard february. cant freakin wait :)

is it getting good reviews?

aye. www.ffx2.net , check it out there, loads of luverly FMV's to leech. the whole OST as well. stay firmly away from those spoiler ones though. it seems that there are two endings!

Have to admit looks fairly sweet!

*hops from foot to foot impatiently*

i cant wait anymore

gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie NOW!!!

aye, it is looking good. www.ffx2.net, loads of stuff there.

• Advertisement

ign gave it 9.5/10 have to say i was skeptical when i first heard about it but i'll pick it up when it comes out alright. must look into that crystal chronicles thats coming out on the cube it might be worth investing.

i've just ordered the guidebook for FF XI i still don't know what to make of it the game is so different.

Advertisement