Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd overheating?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Alphas tbh.
    No contest.

Well they are as good but not better than the Zalman. Its also depends what fan you put on them and they are very expensive. Whereas the Zalman 7000 isn't that dear for what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Alphas tbh.

Erm the Alpha 8045 is listed in the "will NOT fit" section so id be stearing clear of them.

I havent heard anyone who tried the Zalman 7000 on the MSI K7D-L yet so im not sure if they will fit or not..... too much of a risk to chance unless you know for sure.

The ThermalRight stuff is absolutly fantastic stuff, its rated as one of the best air coolers on the market. I know there heavy but if your looking for that low load temps i think there the coolers to be looking for (since alpha 8045 wont fit & zalman 7000 is unconfirmed). Add a variable high CFM fan and you should be set.

Will try to find out if the Zalman 7000 fits and get back to you.

Loki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm talking about the processors....leading from the Intel V Amd mini-debate that was feigned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I'm talking about the processors....leading from the Intel V Amd mini-debate that was feigned :)

Ahh. DOH! :D

I think the world has moved on since then. G5's, AMD64, AMD Bartons, P4's etc are all decent cpu's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ohhh missed that one all toghter :) , funny that there was alpha HS listed in the post above..... got me all confused.

• Advertisement
Advertisement