Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows clock running fast

Options
  • 08-01-2004 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I'm using Windows XP and have the clock set to automatically synchronise while online. I noticed that it was about 5 mins fast last night, so I reset the correct time and all was well for a while. Now it's running 5 mins fast again. Anyone else having this problem, and if not any ideas what could be causing it ? Could it be a problem with the automatic update feature ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
    I'm using Windows XP and have the clock set to automatically synchronise while online.
    Synchronise with what. Maybe their server is fast? What are you comparing it to? The Radio1 bipper is usually the best thing to compare it too (one second after the last bip is the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

It was synchronising with the server time.windows.com. I've changed it to one of the other servers and it seems ok now.

Advertisement