Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIE privatisation, Yay, or Nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by daveydub
    Well Im not sure what to vote.. I look at the public transport in Germany which is controlled by the state and hey it got me where I wanted to go a lot faster and on-time, more so then whats currently on offer here!

That could be inserted into a discussion about just any ol' public service you can think of. :)
    It seems to me the logical thing would be to hire the person that runs the German system and get it running here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 sk_irl

Basically privatisatio does nothing for the people. it's just another way for our government to sell off one of their problems. at risk of abuse from all the rich people in this country it is my sad duty to tell you that taxes are too low. as our government does not have the balls to do nanything about the tax system they find it a lot easier to sell off public servicdes to those who have no interest in the people they serve only the profits that they make. it will eventually lead to a drop in the standard of service as privbate compnies will drop any routes they see as a financial liability.
    After all if the government thinks that private company can turn the public transport system into a profitable organisation, then why dont they do it themselves and earn a some money for our many underfunded schools and hospitals.

Advertisement