Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"SONY" To realease there First Handheld Games Console.

Options
  • 08-01-2004 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

i seen this somewhere on one of sonys websites please find out any info and get back to me.
    thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

fook off and do it urself

/welcome to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SantaClaws

oh ok if thats the way you wanna be, ill just contact boards.ie and get you banned, have you not got a life or something, all you seem to do is post on these forums.
    you have like over 1000 posts WTF is going on.
    and its very ignorant to say things like that, if you have noting godd to say dont say IT.
    well anyways youre gonna be banned so say what u like. :D
    Keith

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Originally posted by bazH
    fook off and do it urself

/welcome to boards

My thoughts exactly.

GOOGLE Helpful enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

flamingmuppet.jpg

found a bit of info on it:

E3 2003: SONY UNVEILS HANDHELD PLAYSTATION!

Father of PlayStation reveals "Walkman of 21st Century." Nintendo, presumably, bricks it

22:03 Now that's what we call an announcement. It's been widely known in industry circles for some time now that Sony was working on a handheld games console, but none of us had any idea when the announcement would finally be made. Until now.
    In a shock unveiling during its E3 press conference in the last couple of hours, Sony, via the legendary Ken Kuturagi, has unveiled PSP - the PlayStation Portable. Making use of a revolutionary 60mm optical disc based in a Mini-Disc-style casing, the storage format (known as UMD or Universal Media Disc) will find use not just on PSP but across a broad range of Sony products. All of which caused Kuturagi-san to label PSP: "The Walkman of the 21st century." And we wouldn't dare disagree.

Each UMD can hold a massive 1.8Gb of data - roughly three times the size of a PSone disc, and the chipset is apparently able to create graphics far in advance of PSone. Which means it would also trounce GBA SP and Nokia's forthcoming N-Gage, performance-wise. And PSP will further be able to playback a whopping two hours of FMV at DVD quality. Jeepers!

Big Japanese third-parties are reportedly already clamouring to work on the system (shock), and first dev kits are due to be shipped this Autumn with the machine itself set for general release by the end of 2004. And yes, as a handheld, PSP will be multi-region out of the box. Woo hoo!

In terms of design, we have absolutely no idea what PSP will look like, save that Sony will be implementing a Dual Shock-style control layout, which, considering Dual Shock is probably the best, all-round joypad there is, suits us just fine.

Taking a lead from Nintendo, possibly the most exciting aspect of PSP is its connectivity. With Sony's position and experience in the world's electronic entertainment market, the potential for linking up with countless devices is obviously staggering and could well change the face of gaming as we know it. Certainly, Sony will doubtless ensure PSP is fully compatible with PlayStation 3, but via PSP's USB port, connection to PS2 cannot be ruled out either.

And rather than memory cards, PSP will make use of memory sticks which will be transferable between numerous applications. The mind boggles.

Well, there we are. It was always going to happen. Now it has. Does this mark the end of Nintendo's handheld hegemony? It's still far too early to make that kind of prediction, but its likely to be a cause of concern for the Mario creator, at the very least.

And now Sony has let the cat out of the bag, will Microsoft follow suit? More questions than answers at present, but this is a massive announcement by anyone standards.

We'll have a full round-up of Sony's conference call direct from LA later today.

Johnny Minkley

• Advertisement

oh ok if thats the way you wanna be, ill just contact boards.ie and get you banned
    Go ahead
    have you not got a life or something, all you seem to do is post on these forums.
    you have like over 1000 posts WTF is going on.
    Its all clear to me now, ive wasted my life :(
    and its very ignorant to say things like that, if you have noting godd to say dont say IT.
    Imagine this, someone comes up to you in the street, says hey i heard about some random new fangled yoke, go now and find out all about it. Punch to the face methinks :eek:
    well anyways youre gonna be banned so say what u like. :D
    Keith
    The outcomes are more than likely
    you`ll get flammed to death here for being a bit of a retard
    /welcome to boards, dont cry at all the nasty comments, read the charters
    ;)

sorry about that ignorant Person. anwho i found some pics of it:
    Front
    pspnews_screen001.jpg
    Back
    pspnews_screen002.jpg

Looks Pretty Class.
    keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54180

won't be out for the best part of a year...

sigh

"ignorant"

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
    2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
    3. Unaware or uninformed.

Think about it, who just came onto a public forum, didnt really read the charters, get a feel for the place, post such a blatant knob thread aint gonna win you any fans.

Oh and btw *cough* photoshop

• Advertisement

yea i thought that allright but it seems quite good because i think nintendo could of done a much better job than they could of of making a handheld console.
    But i think you should be able to store you're MP3's on it id would be cool.

Thanks Keith

WTF are you on about im not even listening to you.

Originally posted by SantaClaws
    yea i thought that allright but it seems quite good because i think nintendo could of done a much better job than they could of of making a handheld console.
    But i think you should be able to store you're MP3's on it id would be cool.

Thanks Keith

How can you pass judgement on a device that hasn't been made yet? By judging some concept pictures? An interesting way of doing it. Pray tell, how could Nintendo have done better?

i mean Nintendo could of done a better job of doing the GameBoy Advance.
    and i have seen it at E3

Once again, it's a concept device at this stage, is it not? I will agree with you about the GBA though.

Originally posted by SantaClaws
    i mean Nintendo could of done a better job of doing the GameBoy Advance.
    and i have seen it at E3

rofl
    The gba is the top handheld out there, and the sp is lovley. You`ve seen the gba, pfft i own one pal

i have seen the SONY PSP and judged it, at the time it was at a concept stage of development.

well its my opinion.
    You may like it like thousands of other out there, but i would'nt say its the best handheld on the market, because the NoKia NGAGE looks way better! and its a God Damn Phone. and nintendo are at it for years.

The Ngage? HAHAHA, ah that's a good one. €50 a game for one. You have to switch off the phone to load a game then wait about a minute to actually start playing the fecker.

Yes But im just getting across the point that Nokia are a phone and not a Games Console Maker or Distributer in anyway untill now and the graphics on the Ngage, you have to admit are much better. plus its a phone MP3 player and loads more stuff Inc.

• Advertisement

No, I don't think I have to admit that. Yeah, Nokia is a phone company so they should stick to that. Not start making crap games consoles/mp3 players/radio/wtf you want to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i love boards.ie welcomes...everyone is always so friendly :D

Originally posted by Phreak
    i love boards.ie welcomes...everyone is always so friendly :D

Hey, I'm friendly. Just not to people who come in to stir **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

bazH = i see now why you have so many posts you bitch and moan alot lol

santaclaus = keep up the good work

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i would'nt say its the best handheld on the market, because the NoKia NGAGE looks way better!
    Yes and thats what matters
    and its a God Damn Phone
    If i want a phone id buy a phone, if i want a leety handheld.......
    and nintendo are at it for years.
    yeah those bastards, what are they like making quality handheld gaming device, we should all invest in the newest kid in town, instead of a reputable games company. tis simple

bazH = i see now why you have so many posts you bitch and moan alot lol
    to quote walter from The Big Lebowski
    "Walter: "Shut the f*ck up Donny, your outta your league!""

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

As many people have already pointed out, thats just a concept design of the PSP. Sony have a interesting habit of releasing massively inflated specs for their machines in the early stages and then just not matching them.

Got a GBA SP for Christmas and it rocks. Games are pretty much like the ones from the good old days only crisper graphics. Not everything has to have photo realistic, 3d graphics.

Played the Ngage and it sucked monkey nuts. Controls were horrible. I agree. If you want a phone, you buy a phone.

The N-gage is a piece of crap. It looks bad, plays badly, is big and is far more useful as a door stop than as a hand held gaming console or phone. Where as the game boy is small, has superb games(Zelda and Golden Sun) and is not an eye sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think Nintendo have the right idea, the games that the GBA have are the type u pick up and play, i looked at the N-Gage games and though yes u can play the original tomb raider and other fancy graphical games i must ask the question.

ARE THEY THE TYPE OF GAMES U PLAY ON THE MOVE?

seriously the only N-gage game i see as a pick up play then put down till later is the Sonic game. ANd i know you dont walk around playing GBA's but it is the type of thing u pull out give it a whack for 15 or so minutes save and turn off. I cant imagine sitting in the car or train trying to play tomb raider (on tiny screen) it just doesnt make sense.

And this new Playstation hand-held. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    heard it all before and personally i dont care. I had a GBA but i spent alot of the time playin older GB colour games.

but a side question...how does the Ngage multiplayer work? is it fluid or tedious?

and on this new PSP

the article u posted said that they are using the Dual shock design as a basis for its control etc, which is good but the concept picture u posted looks more like the Sega Nimrod then anything else (it is nimrod right? the one after the game gear?)

nite nite

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Any more ignorant bitch fighting in this thread will earner the poster of said bitching a week long ban. Do not reply to this warning. Stay on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    Ithe article u posted said that they are using the Dual shock design as a basis for its control etc, which is good but the concept picture u posted looks more like the Sega Nimrod then anything else (it is nimrod right? the one after the game gear?)

Sega Nomad is the one. a portable mega drive that, while in theory was a good idea, it required a cold fusion blender to run just like the one that powered the de lorean out of the future in back to the future 2.

Linky Linky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement