Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netscafe:Friday night gaming. The server a Quake players dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

voodoo 3's are horrible with q3.
    well the 16mb ones anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Netscafe

Going to buy for Friday
    Quake 3
    Tiberian sun
    Commandos
    iron commander 7 3d
    Half life
    Starcraft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Am the only one who see the pontential of this on Firday night to kill time during the i haven't a hope of getting a Taxi time.

Still nice one a bit of Lan q2/q3 should be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Dunoo if you've been following this same thread on the After Hours board (where Netscafe also posted), but three other nicks with the same ip as him posted within minutes of each other to 'endorse' Netscafe.

Including the lovely Mixu who said 'it'd be great to play q3 without any Packy (sic) music in the background'. So if that's the kind of market they're going for I sure as hell won't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Nice one Castor, I love when business's get caught out doing that underhanded crap, Can you do that with MS now?

sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

mr. netscafe person, do you know Nigel?

If so, tell him I sent him a cv and didnt get a response, whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shinedog

Sorry I told you know. I got my friends to say they where coming on other ign boards my me and my mates use the same winGate. They think I am lieing to the people.
    I am just letting you know that the gaming night is tonight £10 8pm to 6am on the fastest Server in Dublin and largest be there for a good Game of Quake3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can anyone translate pigeon english?

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

I really hope everyone does the right thing and avoids usin these spammin racist ba$tards, sh!t like should be removed on site. Free advertising sux ass, an I don't want to see it spill over to these boards. They spammed nearly every board. Next we'll have fukin Mr Kellog postin about his new killer l33t cereal that every gamer should eat.

Start deleting them lads, do us all the favour please.

juNk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Just saw this thread.....
    Ya go get sick and look wot happens!! smile.gif

I replied to a post of a similar variety to this a couple of days ago...different board I think.

My pt now is the same as it woz then.
    Yis all know what it takes to make a good gaming nite. Hopefully yis all know who has wot it takes..

I wood like to poke sum holes here tho. I dont profess to be a genius when it comes to hardware but I do know a few things.

1) Gaming nites are played on the LAN. These ppl obviously dont have a clue..Jaysis.:P

The server dosnt matter a W4nk. Unless of course u're playing a huge war game with 16 ppl V 16 others that u need a dedicated server for. And even then the continuity of the game is going to be defined by the quality of your Network.
    I.E. are yous using a hub/switches?
    This is especially important for RTS games.
    Nethouse have very sexy 100 base switches in operation here in Rathmines.

This is not meant to sound ****y cos no business shud ever take its clientel for granted ( even with the amount Nethouse has done for Quake - ScotLan etc.)but for
    Netscafe to be serious about competing in
    the gaming arena they are gona need to spend alotta mooola..

Like for example:
    Buy at least 21" monitors
    Buy 3D Graphics cards
    Buy Speakers for the machines
    Try and buy an atmosphere for the place rolleyes.gif
    Take the No Smoking Signs off the walls
    And CHRIST, get sum decent coffee!!
    ROFL

Soz Sinji..got abit carried away there!!
    hehe

SHADOW

"You will feel his presence upon you, when you are lying a pool of you're own blood, and when you do you will wish that you had never ventured where you had"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [Gd]mixu

Shadow you lame ass ***** you owe me £15 of that chip. Think my boys will have to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Ounce ?
    Quarter ?
    Ali G?
    why was my post killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Moving Target

hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that we had some unsolicited entries to these boards under our nick, 'Netscafe' so we are really sorry, (and really **ssed off) about it all. Now for some of the truth, we have no bias against anyone, smokers, different races, or sexually diverse individuals. We are currently running on llame 810 graphics cards. Now the good stuff, our network IS VERY fast, I know that a fast server can contribute to the gaming experience. I've been playing q3 with a fair few of the other guys and gals in here, and it runs just fine, no lag, no jumpiness or low fpt rates, surprisingly good, we do endeavour to improve the system in the future, when we have more capital to burn and upgrade the systems with new agp boards, but not just yet. Thank you all for your useful advice and suggestions, you too Shadow, and we look forward to the possibilty of joint game nights, just a thought now.
    As we've said before we are truly apologetic to Nethouse for any offence which was caused by others using our name and thank you all for your patience and hopefully your understanding.

I will remove as much of the offending material from these boards as I can find.

I would also like to say "Yipee I got a new job in a netcaff!!!"

See you in the ether regions. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Moving Target

Actually I quite like our coffee!! cool.gif

Clo0ud - Slosh someone,MP even! Please delete this fuking thread its old and compleate sh!te. It has nothin to fuk to do with quake, its two lame a$$ net cafe's competeing for 5 blokes to turn up to every friday. This is really ****in me off at this stage, that this sh!t is gettin so much attention, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Get them to buy a banner add on your pages but don't let them get away wih their free advertising, it sux a$$. I'd rather click on a banner add than see this sh!t on the boards. Fuin Net cafe's can suck me sack for all give a sh!t.

Day uve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Cheekymonkeys

your all faegs with your "no packy" music ****e why in the name of **** should ppl go to u instead of nethouse where ppl know they are welcome i say burn your shoite hole down, you racist scumbags.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree. Information is one thing. Adverts are another.

My view is that I will never forget the Nethouse guys jumping up and down with us when we won in Scotland and giving me money to buy the lads beer and a roof over our heads that night.

Nothing personal Netscafe, but theres a lot of history there and 2 quid in price difference doesnt buy my loyalty...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

well i'm sorry but i know nothing about graphics cards but i do know about personalised service, something nethouse provide in abundance, and anyway whats the story with netscafe, are u in league with nescafe?????? is that why your providing free coffee

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

well i'm sorry but i know nothing about graphics cards but i do know about personalised service, something nethouse provide in abundance, and anyway whats the story with netscafe, are u in league with nescafe?????? is that why your providing free coffee

soz,
    entering three at once was my nistake

wlil eb nore carfeull in ufture

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well nethouse are in league with netscafe - they are both net cafés, and are situated very close together...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

sooooo.... the magical gaming night with fast servers, bad grammar and a lack of packy music: does it cost 8 quid or ten?
    have you made up your mind? by the sound of you guys, the way youre carrying on heere yis havent got a ****ing clue, not just about us, or just about computers but about business and life in general. go and write more servers code, whatever that means....

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

ah.. memries.. some wonderful ("up till well after the fookin' birds got up") nights in de oul Nethouse ..*SnIfF*.. completely tanked off our trollies on beer 'n' faegs..

funtimes... and sometimes de oul gamez were deadly 2.. arf de arf..Miss It I tell ya... wink.gif

3=O]

|Chiefy|.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh chiefie..da good ol days when men were men, and they mornings were bright on our way home...
    did i ever tell you about the time whem i beat junkie and koopa on the same nightblah blah blah

AAhh ya knew ya got your nights worth when Koopa starts off by chattin up lounge girls by commenting on her sr$e straight to her face, then Eamo beats ya an then ya try an glass some young fella. Then ya rope some tinker young fella into a few photographs after him askin ya for a pound mister. Then ya end up in Freaks gaf wonderin how the fuk u got there.

AAhhh the good owl days.......

juNk laa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Im from indian!!! Me my friends YES my father too will arrive at your netscafe for "GAMES NIGHT"!!! YES!!! NIGHT OF GAMES FOR YOU ****ING MOTHER****ERS!!! I LIVE RATHMINES TWO WEEKS AND FIRST I HEAR RACIST SCUM!!! DO YOU WANT FIGHT? YOU'VE GOT WAR! **** YOU PIG!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the boards admins were active at one stage

I agree with everyone that this is no place for pimping your new shop

Let alone all the other stuff that has been said.

This thread should just be deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Oh yeh WWMan m8.. i do seem to remember that.. f00kin annihilation or summit... ah the memries..hehe.. smile.gif..

ooh f00k.. an oul tear to me eye.. ;(

those were the days..

Om Diddley Om Nyom Nyom

|Chiefy|.....

3=O]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Theres about 200 people who play quake out of 4 million, yeah thats a ****in business alright. I THINK THEY SHOULD SHOW IT ON TV HERE.