Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNT 2 Ultra

Options
  • 28-02-2000 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Will a TNT 2 Ultra run okay on a p166 32mb ram?, looking for 72fps 1024x740 on glquake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Yes, but it will be a total waste on a good card. Doubt your cpu can handle 72 fps, but if it can anyway get a voodoo 3, they perform much better on low end systems than a tnt 2. And see if you have any jumpers on your mb that will let you overclock it to 200 mhz, on a 166 thats a fair improvement.
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

1024x740 is really not needed on glquake btw. Maybe u just wanna test it or something but I run 640x480 and its perfect.
    300 odd fps, no glitches and appearance wise I dont see that 1024x768 (thats the res u meant mayb?) looks any better on Q1. Of course the other quakes are diff but thats just imho.
    I have a voodoo2 in a pII333 getting that fps btw (with 128mb ram tho and I know fps for internet play is diff)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I'll be upgradein my puter in about 6 months, just need to know will it be smooth playin glquake, quake2 and half-life, 800x600 40fps would do for internet play?, i can't overclock my pc it's protected from overclocking frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 28-02-2000).]

ehh dont think that will play halflife or quake 2, even quake 1 on a p166 is annoying unaccelerated after playing it on anything better. With a voodoo 2 or 3 you should have a perfectly playable quake 1 system tho.

I'm gettin this for £90, and i'm gettin a new motherboard, processor in 6 months, so i can put the tnt2 into that. It has to be better than the 2mb inbuilt graphics i have at the moment smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I rekon hold out 4 the new pc vince m8.
    The prices of video cards will have dropped.
    The specs will have increased.
    And you wont have to go to the hassle of installing the new card in ure pityful pc smile.gif

Anyone sellin a voodoo2 cheap? smile.gif i can't stand 300x240 res and my fps dropping under 20fps in battles

TNT1 v Voodoo 2/3 ??

voodoo2 not tnt, it'll perform better in your system. i swear

Guess i'll head my way over to the old for sale boards then smile.gif

Advertisement